Chapter 55

Leon's POV

     I feel like time is standing still at this point. Sorry, but this day looks like it has no end. I kept falling out of the frying pan right into the fire all day. I want- no... I NEED to sit down and just relax for a while. But going home doesn't appeal to me.

   As far as I know, the board of directors of Abstergo are probably meeting at the hotel right now. My father is supposed to tell them I'm next in line and so on. Frankly, those old guys don't really like me, especially after the stunt I pulled last time we met...

Leon:"Hey Bruce! Isn't there a place where we can take a break?"

Bruce:"Quite a few, but they're not that elegant..."

Leon:"I honestly couldn't care less at this point. I just want to rest."

Bruce:"How about a drink?"

Leon:"... Sure."

     And so, with my brother leading the way, we rode to a bar, not that far from out current residence, but enough for me.

Bruce:"Barman, a table for two."

Barman:"Aren't you students? You shouldn't be drinking."

Leon:"Macron should do his freaking job as well, but you don't see me complaining.", even tho I should really knock some sense into him.

    Without more conflict, he took us to a small table near the back, probably so he won't get in trouble for having minors drinking.

Bruce:"I'll have... Some red wine. You?"

Leon:"Russian Vodka."

Bruce:"Straight to business. Alright"

    The barman noted everything and left, leaving just the 2 of us.

Bruce:"You look as if you've missed on a whole year of sleep."

Leon:"Just wait till I become CEO. You might not recognize me."

Bruce:"I would tell you to give up on the idea, but there's 0% chance that you'll listen."

Leon:"At least you're learning. In all seriousness, I might have underestimated what Father goes through."

Bruce:"We all did, I think. Throw the board on top and you're set for life. A short one."

Death:"I'm confused. What do you really mean?", he whispered to not raise suspicioun.

Bruce:"Right. It's normal you don't get it. To be short, the company has a council of sorts, that votes on the decisions and general direction of the company as a whole. As the CEO, you're constantly stuck with their opinions in your throat. The fact that they don't really like Leon makes it even worse. "

Death:" Heh. Sounds awfully familiar. But what do you mean they don't like him?

Leon:"Pretty much what you would think. The last time we saw each other, I was kinda out of control because of your influence. As for Bruce and Desmond, they weren't the perfect candidates to inherit the post."

Bruce:"Yep. The only one they kinda agreed on was Jason, because of his shy nature that made him obedient... At the time."

Death:"I'm tempted to watch their reaction at the current version of War."

Bruce:"Me too. Besides, since then, we didn't interact at all. They probably still think we hate each other."

Leon:"Imagine the middle finger all 4 of us could give them, by showing up together, as brothers."