Chapter 100

3rd POV

The event was in full swing for both young devils and older ones, but it was exactly a party with music and dances you'd usually expect. This was, after all, an event to announce an alliance between the Norse and Christian Mythologies. Professionalism is a must...well, someone better fill Bruce Creed in as well.

But before we get to the official announcement, the father or the North was caught up in a bit of a mess regarding the treatment of his assistant, or rather his past assistant. Courtesy of Lucifer, they were given a private room to iron out their feuds. 

"We meet again, Horseman. Am I to assume you've confirmed the identity of your grandmother?", the cyclops was keep on jokes this evening, that was for sure. Unfortunately for him, not everyone is in the mood.

"Skip the banter, kid.", the actual Horseman retorted. For Ross, it was nothing new at this point, maybe except the 'kid' part, but for Odin? That was a different thing altogether.

"Kid... There aren't many people left who can call me that way anymore, you know?", he continued further, somewhat anticipating who he was actually talking with.

"Well, as things would have it, I am the oldest person at the entire venue." 

"Death, don't entertain him. You've got your fun for today already.", the host of the Horseman was not in the mood, granted he rarely is. But even so, his partner had no intention to further his annoyance. All this while Rossweisse was shifting uncomfortable under Odin's stare. Of course NOW he'd pay attention to her.

"Eye on me, you bearded perv. We got business to discuss.", the eldest Creed sibling casually stretched his arms out, giving the impression he's ready for a fight, not a discussion.

"Of course. Before your arrival, I've already noticed some differences in her conduit. It wouldn't be that farfetched to think you'll do the same thing you did for the stray cat.", he stroke his beard with an ever so slightly smirk. 

The boy furrowed his eyebrows slightly at the comment regarding Kuroka, before turning slightly towards Ross to receive a bit of a hesitating nod. 

"On the contrary, I don't plan to shelter her at all.", a comment which was swiftly followed with a 'that's right' from the Valkyrie in question. All the more intriguing to the god. "I don't plan on replacing you, if that's what you were thinking."

"I see, and what is the choice she made then?", throughout the entire exchange, the god did not stop smiling, as if this is exactly what he wanted. A weird way to display affection, that's for sure. 

The women took a deep breath, typical for a literal life-changing moment, and laid out her plans for the future. "I... have decided to accept Rias Gremory's request to join her peerage as her second rook. I hereby thank our father for everything and beg for the forgiveness of my sisters for being selfish."

The father of the North, for once, dropped his joker facade and gently brushed the Valkyrie's head, who wouldn't even avert the eyes from the floor. "Then I wish you luck, my daughter..." 

For the first time in a long period of time, Rossweisse was acknowledged, receiving the warmth she needed so much from her family in the past and perhaps even more than that. "At least now, you can stop saying your age is simply a reminder of how long you've been alone.", were the final words of the god towards the now-crying girl. 

"You can be a nice guy when you actually mean it, Odin.", commented the teen.

"Are you telling that to me? or yourself, Leon? I better receive invitations to the wedding."