Chapter 45

Leon's POV

Man, I never felt so tired before, mentally speaking. I guess I have to take it easy from now on. First, I need to make a schedule for training with Death. Second, I have to start getting in shape for my internship at Abstergo. Long story short, a pain in the ass bigger than Riser was...But for now, I can enjoy this walk with my family.

Jason: "It's been a while since we spent time together like this."

Desmond: "You're right. I can barely remember it."

These 2, I get that you're angry at our father, but choose the moment.

Alex: "Sorry that I left you waiting."

Scarlett: "It's not just your fault. I'm responsible too."

Bruce: "Yeah, well, don't think you can just walk back to us as nothing happened... I didn't forget..."

This time, our parents didn't say anything. But Anna wasn't happy. She jumped down from my shoulder and kicked Bruce behind his knees. Yes... definitely my sister.

Bruce: "Ow! What are you doing?!"

Anna: "Don't bully them! You were never there before, either!"

Bruce froze and turned his back on her. Heh, I guess that's another thing he didn't forget. Although, even I don't want to remember those times. Now it looks like a nightmare, but...back then, nobody would have thought that we were brothers...

Bruce: "That's-"

Jason: "It's ok, Bruce. We have to face our actions just like our parents."

Desmond: "That's what being part of this family means, right Leon?"

...

Leon: "Yeah. From now on, we're going to be an actual family."

Anna: "Really?"

Alex: "It's a promise. It's time a learn something from my sons."

Scarlett: "It's time we all do."

In a way, I'm thankful that I don't have to hide what I am anymore. But that also means I'll have to be 10 times more cautious. Sooner or later, I'll have to step into the light and make everyone aware of who I am, be it mortal, god or in-between.

...

I never realized the hotel was so close to the company. I guess I'm too used to riding Despair than walking. Oh well, at least I get to shower faster. However...

Leon: "There are a lot of cars stationed here. Is something going on?"

Alex: "I'm not sure, but these look expensive."

As we approached the main entrance, we were stopped by 2 guards. At least that's what I think they are, judging by that uniform. I didn't pay them any attention until my mother was denied entering.

???: "Sorry, ma'am. The hotel is reserved for the night."

Reserved? Bitch, she owns the god damn building. How do the employees not know her?

Jason: "Listen, pal. We had a rough night. Do yourself a favor and move."

Oh, you rats. Spitting on my brother? You'll be lucky if you get away with licking that boot.

Leon: "I won't repeat myself. Move your carrions !"

???: "Sigh, younglings these days. You need to learn how the world works-"

*SMASH*

The guy flew past the doors, right into the main hall, scaring the other employees.