Chapter 102

3rd POV:

As the dawn of the new days was slowly creeping in, the host of Death was slumbering away, seemingly not agitated as his sleep sessions usually are. And that is all thanks to the cat he recently brought back. While the event has ended and most guests have left, leaving the maids and butlers to clean the venue, with only a few awake individuals pulling an all-nighter for various reasons. Among them, you surely wouldn't find the Sitri nor the Gremory peerage members. After all, this new day also marked their fated battle and the eventual loss of one of them. Much like himself, Leon's parents and sister also went to sleep a long time ago. So who was still awake, are you asking? Odin, Sirzechs, and other important figureheads of the supernatural were locked in discussions, where even the subject of Loki was brought up here and there. Bruce, Desmond, and especially Jason were off doing their shenanigans.

Desmond still stuck in his race against time towards the goal of mastering his abilities, went ahead to continue his training sessions, somewhere far off into the distance as to not wake up the rest of his entourage. And Bruce, as someone who understood his brother's qualms, chose to tag along, as someone to talk to was just what Desmond needed right now. So who else to volunteer if not his own family?

That leaves us with 2 horsemen still at the mansion. Jason and Death himself. One didn't want to sleep and the other did not need to in the first place. And what do you get when you put 2 stoics at the same table. Well...silence for the most part, and a rather intriguing topic of discussion if they do finally start one.

"How come you're out at such an hour? I am used to Leon staying up late, but it's the first time I see you doing it.", Jason was the first to ask a question.

"I don't sleep even if I am not in physical form. It's just that this time he had some business to settle himself."

"...love square?"

"I suppose you can call it that. Yes."

"Heh. Well, with Kuroka back, it was unavoidable. And something tells me he said something akin to 'traitor' when you left? Am I right?", he wouldn't be surprised, considering Jason did the same thing before.

"Not exactly, but he did compare me to you."

"Ah. You know what he meant regardless. You were awake then too..."

The initial shock and resentment Jason once had upon the revelation of Death have passed, but between that and fully embracing the idea is a long road. Still, he was giving no reason for doubt yet.

"Anything happened though? And don't you pretend you wouldn't know. Dust serves the both of you."

"As skeptical as your brother, aren't ya? Fine. And no, nothing happened."

"Bullshit.", was the only appropriate response. How could nothing happen when you put both Kuroka and Serafall in the same room as Leon? I mean, sure, Rossweisse was there, but she's not that bold.

"Hehehe. I know where that reaction comes from, but I can assure you that your brother is sleeping right now. Not so sure for the other 3 though."

"I don't feel the building shaking, so I guess they're not fighting either, thankfully. So then...", he didn't finish, but Death already had an idea ready.

"What do you say we go find out, huh?"

He may always were that mask, but anyone could tell he was grinning under there. And much like a cat, the curiosity got the better of the Horseman of War.

Meanwhile

Leaving the boy to the dream world, the 3 ladies had their ominous conversation too. Well...as ominous as it can get with someone as pure as the Valkyrie being part of it, so don't get your hopes high. Said the silver-haired woman was covering herself with half of the blanket Leon was using. Serafall and Kuroka collectively decided that a punishment befitting Rossweisse for 'getting ahead of herself' earlier was to prohibit her from putting her dress back on. So that's your explanation for how the Valkyrie ended up wearing Leon's shirt and 'sort of' sharing a bed with him.