Chapter 40

3rd POV

Although the 4 bringers of the apocalypse are absent from the city today, it doesn't mean it's all peace and quiet, far from it. Right now, inside Kuoh Academy, Rias Gremory was not really having the time of her life. She kept walking throughout the club room at a rapid pace, despite worrying the members of her peerage as well as Sona and the student council.

The reason for that? The meeting of the three factions which will take place tonight.

Akeno:"Rias, I think you should sit down and relax for the time being."

Rias:"Sigh, I wish I could, but I don't think it's possible at this point."

Issei:"Is it really that bad?"

Saji:"I mean, I get that the leaders of the factions are finally coming together after such a long time, but this overreacting."

Tsubaki:"Maybe, but this meeting will decide the fate of this city, the future, whether we make peace or war."

Next to the long, black-haired vice-president of the student council stood Sona Sitri, who seemed to be lost in thoughts.

Rias:"Sona, you don't really look good yourself."

At first, she didn't realize that someone talked to her. Fortunately, she snapped out of it.

Sona:"What?"

Rias:"Is everything alright on your end? After all, your sister will be here too."

That the last thing she wanted to remember.

Sona:"I'll manage somehow. What's more troubling now is the plan of your brother."

Kiba:"Plan?"

Sona:"Not telling Leon or one of his brothers about the meeting...I just can't see this work out well."

The young girl had all the rights to be nervous. Spending so much time with Bruce made her able to find out more things about their family, one if which is that they don't tolerate betrayal. As such, Sona was debating inside her mind whether or not this can be considered a betrayal on her behalf.

Saji:"Well, yeah, but I was there when he said that all four of them will not be here today, visiting someone, or so they said."

Koneko:"...Leon-senpai is dangerous when he's angry. If he finds out about it..."

Xenovia:"It's obvious what will happen. Depending on the results of the meeting itself, they might decide to fight the 3 factions themselves before they take each other out."

A gulp was clearly heard coming from the 2 pawns.

Saji:"Isn't that a bit of a stretch? Sure, the Creed brothers are strong, but they're not likely to go that far, right?"

Before meeting this Family, they all, most likely, would have agreed with Saji, but being sisters of 2 devil Kings, Rias and Sona were more informed about the Horsemen than their teammates.

Rias:"Heh, when you take into consideration that Leon is literally the personification of death, it's starting to sound way more credible."

Issei:"Wouldn't they die as well?"

Tsubaki:"I wonder. We know that any damage inflicted upon Desmond, Bruce or Jason is absorbed by Leon, and since physical damage it's the equivalent of a paper cut to him..."

Asia:"T-they are also g-good at teamwork."

Kiba:"True. They know each other's weaknesses and can act accordingly."