Chapter 81

3rd POV

The devil conference wasn't the only place fate was doing its job. As luck would have it, or better said NOT have it, Zeoticus Gremory received unexpected guests.

While Alex was showing his daughter the ropes here and there, under Scarlett's supervision, the gates of the Gremory estate opened large, letting prestigious people of the underworld inside, the Phenex family.

In front walked Lord Isaac himself, followed by his wife, Cassandra and then his second son, somewhat unsure but supported by his sister. It would seem the first son of the Phenex family did not accompany his peers.

"Lord and Lady Phenex, Welcome. Zeoticus-sama did not expect your visit.", Grayfia, who remained behind at the estate greeted the family.

Isaac:"It was a decision taken on the spot. Can you show us the way?"

Grayfia:"I'm afraid I need to know the reason of your visit."

Isaac:"Sigh...tell Lord Gremory I wish to have a talk with him, regarding the previous interruptions."

Grayfia:"I see..."

'Couldn't choose a worse mo-...no he could have. At least those 4 aren't here...', were the maids thoughts, who knew well how the situation could escalate.

Grayfia:"Very well. Take a seat in the lounge, please."

'With a bit of luck, we'll avoid another incident.'

...

Alex's POV

To think the youngest one would be the first to awaken. Unusual. Well...I guess it's not THAT unusual when considering the irrationality her brothers represent. In any case, she'll do a fine ki-

Scarlett:"You better not think she'll take your place, dear."

Alex:"Why not? She awakened as my clansman."

Scarlett:"True, but this wasn't a matter of which power she awakened first, but which one of us she surpasses and replaces. And frankly, you set the bar too high."

...hold up...

Alex:"I'm confused. You're complementing my strength yet I feel insulted. It's annoying."

Scarlett:"Why so surprised? Isn't this the reason you proposed? You like cunning women."

Alex:"Heh. And if a more cunning one were to show up?"

Scarlett:"Is that your attept at provocation? You know by now that I don't let go of the tiger that took so much to tame."

She pulled me even closer to her, looking me straight in the eyes. I used to make fun of people like these, but I sure as hell would propose a second time, right here, right now.

However...

Alex: "Let's keep this sort of thing for later. It seems Leon's aquintance is getting embarrassed."

Rossweisse:"Eh? A-ah no!"

It's like I'm watching a teenager in the body of a fully grown woman. At this point, I'm contemplating whether or not Leon looks out for her to bully her himself.

Scarlett:"Sorry. Even if you're acting as Aina stand-in, you shouldn't have to put up with our antics."

Rossweisse:"I-it's alright, just that that's a bit... i-inappropriate out in the open..."

Eh? Is it?

Alex:"You... don't have much romantic experience, do you?"

Rossweisse:"Ugh...yes..."