Chapter 109

3rd POV

      The uprising of the Old Satan faction was halted in its tracks, with a crushing defeat at the hands of the current heads of the Underworld. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to attack the underworld knowing figures such as Azazel, Michael and even Odin were present at the time. Whoever was in charge of this whole operation needs to be fired. But it as clear a victory as they had hoped, for one of their own youths was, in reality, on the enemy's side. Whether he was simply being used or not is a topic for another day. Certain is that complications arose due to Diodora Astaroth. Complications that led to 3 people being unconscious and a Horseman to be lost. And while the leaders of the factions were tying up the loose end on the political side, the rest of the people involved had their minds on those 3 aforementioned: The Red Dragon Emperor Hyoudou Issei, The Horseman of War Jason Creed... and the previous Horseman of Death, Leon Creed...

    Several hours have passed since the climax of the conflict, but all of them have yet to show signs of waking up. They've all been relocated to their rooms at the Gremory estate and let's just say some people took the news better than others did. Particularly, the mother of the 2 brothers has been constantly switching between Jason's and Leon's rooms in hopes even one of them would give signs of life. The sick-worried expression on her face was all the more hurting for the twins. The one saving grace the had was their chests rising and descending at intervals, a sign that they were still breathing after all. Their father, eventually persuaded by his youngest, managed to convince his wife to rest herself, as even if they woke up, her sons wouldn't take pleasure in knowing they put their mom through such anguish. That leaves the youngest to her mom's role. It would be a mistake to say Anna was not phased by this predicament, but she held hopes, knowing her siblings were stronger than others gave them credit for. Her siblings, not necessarily the horsemen. And speaking of the twins, the hallways were their place of rest for now.

     Under a window, leaning against the wall, the younger pair of brothers sat on the floor, thinking back on this day and what it cost them. They were so into their thoughts that even the weird glances from the servants of the estate meant nothing now. Desmond's eyes were directed at the ceiling, glad that, at the very least, no one suffered irremediable losses. Well, maybe except for one. But Bruce on the other hand, his vision wouldn't move off the ground beneath him.

...

...

...

...

"...say...", the blonde spoke in a rather meek and uncharacteristic tone. "...am I really that useless?"

For once, Desmond chose to look at something else, someone else.

"...No. I don't think so."

"DON'T try to lift my spirits or some shit, Desmond... I can't do jack shit..."

"That's no true, Bruce. You're the first to unlock the Abyssal Armor. You're way ahead of me in that regard."

"And what purpose did it serve? If anything that make me MORE useless! You tanked hits from Jason while I barely managed to blind him..."

"Barely?! The only reason I managed to survive the Chaos Form was BECAUSE you blinded him! I'd be stomped on the ground by now otherwise. Stop mopping alread-"

"And do what? Pray? Sleep? Shoot myself? Cause that's what I feel like doing knowing I now have to lead, but no fucking idea how! The only reason Jason was saved was because Leon is not a horseman anymore! So what the hell should I do?!"

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!"

The conversation has culminated with the previously quiet hallways echoing with the voices of these 2, both lost on where to go from here on out.