Chapter 116

3rd POV

With the end of summer vacation drawing closer with each day passing, so was the inevitable split between the Creed Twins and their older brother Jason. School worries aside, his made up his mind that he'd stay in the Underworld. But others had a harder time deciding how to proceed from now on.

On an open field behind the Gregory estate, the winds of the Underworld were wrestling against the cold hard edge of ChaosEater's swings, as a single one could probably split a storm if aimed correctly. Of course, the sword is nothing without the strength to actually lift it off the ground, and that's where Jason's enhanced body physic came into play.

So far, he'd be dead last in terms of advancing in controlling the horseman within, despite, ironically, being the strongest of his siblings still. And his fourth and latest grapple with the Chaos Form and then unfortunate consequences it brought were the final straw. However, willpower alone doesn't solve anything.

With each swing, he could swear he'd feel the handle pulsate, resonating with his entire arm, as if the sword had a heart of its own. But the cause was a more sinister one. As the name implies, it wasn't a beating hard giving it an attitude...but an empty stomach. ChaosEater was hungry. Especially after it had such a big meal not too long ago. It was left wishing for more, with an insatiable desire to eat. Until...

"You accursed blade!", Jason threw it 10 meters in front of him, holding onto his head, as the sword impaled itself onto the ground.

Once those vibrations reach your head, you either let go of the sword, or it starts wielding you. Truly a difficult companion. At times, Jason even considered forgetting about it as his brother has done with Harvester, the Tremor Gauntlet being more than enough... until now that is...

"Compared to this thing, Durandal must be a walk in the park...", He murmured to himself, catching his breath. But he'd soon learn he wasn't as alone as he thought.

"Maybe Xenovia will agree to change swords, since it's you we're talking about."

The black cat herself, Kuroka sat down on the grass, a few good meters back, in observation. Without the eldest brother here, you could make the case she'd feel left out.

"No. She's not even strong enough to lift it, let alone swing it.", The boy's visage remained as cold and stiff as always, leaving no hint of emotion on the outside.

"...is that supposed to mean I don't want to endanger her in translation?"

The cat surely still had that mischievous air around her, just like a trade card, but her grin didn't stretch out as much as Jason last remembered.

"I don't think I need to remind you that you won't get any reaction out of me with this. Besides, rather unusual to be hanging around me to begin with.", He crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Can you blame me? You're like the closest person I have around in this place...now that he's gone."

"... there's the your sister, isn't it?"

"Shirone wants nothing to do with me, by the looks of it... ", Her ears flapped slightly at the mention of her sister. Someone should get these 2 a therapist by now.

"So you're just going to stick to me everyday from now on?"

"I can leave if I'm too much of a bother... Maybe I should have went along with Leon and the rest..."

She pondered for a second, only to have her left ear slightly pulled by a familiar blond punk. As you can imagine, she hissed at him.

"What was that for!?"