Chapter 50

Leon's POV

In the end, after Uriel begged me to help her avoid Issei's house, I got 3 rooms for her and the other 2 at the hotel. I mean, I get why she's desperate to avoid that place, but I don't know how I feel about them getting near my sister. Guess I'll have to see how it works out.

Leaving that aside, from the looks of it, Kalawarner is getting used to teaching...as much as she can. She still avoids eye contact with me and that's annoying, to say the least. Good thing we have a break now and I have the chance to talk things out.

Leon: "Kalawarner, got a minute?"

Kalawarner: "H-huh?"

Leon: "Relax...just want to talk."

Kalawarner:"..."

This is going nowhere. How do you make up with someone you tried to kill?

Leon: "Sigh...look. I get that you might have some reserves about working together with me, especially after our... history together."

Kalawarner:"...and?"

Leon: "What I'm trying to say is... I'm willing to put all that behind."

She seemed reluctant to believe me. Can't say I blame her.

Leon: "I know I don't look like the trustworthy kind of person, but...If I have to cooperate with the other factions in Kuoh, I'd rather avoid awkward situations. What do you say?"

...

Kalawarner: "Sigh... honestly speaking, when I was told I'll have to work together with you, it was the last I wanted. Even now I can remember the nasty feeling of those flames...But I think you might be right."

Leon: "Then?"

Kalawarner: "I'll...try, if you really mean what you said."

Leon: "Thanks."

Doesn't really feel better, but it's a start. I can work my way up from here. She left to prepare for the next lesson. At least she takes this job seriously.

Uriel: "Well, that went well, I think."

Leon: "Could have been better. What about you? How's the second year?

Uriel: "Don't start it, please. It's already bad that the Red Dragon Emperor is in my class and his friends, on top of that. At least the presence of your brothers are calming the spirits as much as possible."

Leon: "Sounds hard."

Uriel: "It is. Sigh... I can't believe I have to put up with this...all because of you."

Leon: "Me? Azazel is the one who decided it's a good idea to turn you in to Michael."

Uriel: "I guess you're right. Also, thanks for getting me out of a tough spot earlier. Seriously, what is Sirzechs thinking?"

Leon: "They way I see it, it's as if he's accommodating Hyoudou."

Uriel: "Really?"

Leon: "Think about it. Azazel clearly said me and my brothers weren't going. It would be Issei surrounded by gorgeous women and you know how he acts."

Uriel: "There's Kiba."

Leon: "He won't interfere. He has common sense but does not meddle or try to stop Issei's raging hormones. Long story short, he'll be a bystander at best."

Uriel: "Ugh...when you put it that way, I really dodged a bullet, didn't I?"

Leon: "More like avoided a bullet to get inside the radius of a grenade."