Chapter 24

Leon's POV

You might as sure bet that a starring showdown was going on right now. After all, nobody calls Anna a pest...but that doesn't mean I can keep her here.

"Bruce...take Anna to the car, outside.", I ordered my brother, and he did just that without complaining...not before glaring at these new individuals.

"At least let's hear them out.", Rias proposed. As much as I hate to admit it, I had to agree with her...After all... people being assholes is not an excuse for me to become one, as much as I'd like to.

Though, I didn't expect Hyoudou to recognize one of the 2 girls...and that's not all.

"I haven't seen you in a while either, Desmond.", The one who introduced herself as Irina said, surprising even her partner...and me.

"It certainly has been a while, Irina.", He greeted back, but he didn't sound as enthusiastic.

"Desmond... might want to explain?", I asked him. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problems with him interacting with other people, but the fact that nobody, not even Jason knew about it is a bit suspicious.

"Right...this is Shidou Irina. She's an old friend of mine. Like...middle school...", He quickly explained.

"Is that true?", The other girl, known as Xenovia questioned.

"Yes. Everything is true. However, it's a bit sad to meet you in these circumstances.", She finished off.

"If it's about befriending the devils... I'm sorry to inform you that you're wrong.", He followed with a response, surprising the 2.

...

Well, well... looks like we got some big news here. Their reaction gave me some pretty crucial information. First, judging by the holy energy emanating from them, I'd say these 2 are with the church...and it's good that my brothers noticed as well. Second, it seems that the church doesn't know yet that the horsemen are back...which gives an advantage.

"You know of the supernatural?", Xenovia asked, probably assuming we were just plain humans.

"Please...you're reeking of holy energy. I'd be a fool to not notice.", Jason retorted.

Despite their shock, that didn't stop them from accomplishing their original goal. Apparently, these 2 were Excalibur wielders. As you expect, Kiba didn't really like the idea of them being here, but he didn't say anything...for now. Back on track, it seems that some swords have been stolen and they even managed to discover the culprits...the fallen angels.

"Why am I not even surprised...", Jason commented, getting the curiosity of the others.

"What exactly do you mean?", Xenovia asked. However, my brother kept his mouth shut, preventing any leak of information. I swear... sometimes he's too cautious.

"You'll have to excuse my brother here since he's not really trusting you. We had a little showdown with the fallen angels before and our sources showed that they're still planning something.", I explained the bare minimum they need to know.

"What sources?", Irina pressed me to continue. "I suggest you don't ask further questions...Leon here won't give you any more.", Desmond jumped to my defense.

"Anyway, if this is a matter with the fallen angels, why are you talking with us?", asked Sona.

"It's known that the devils hate the holy swords, so it wouldn't be surprising if they allied themselves with the fallen angels.", Irina explained.