Chapter 9

Bruce's POV

Right now, me and Desmond were following Issei towards where his summoner was. As Leon said, this guy is always surrounded by troubles so I have to keep his ass safe. But this time, now that he's a devil, I can use my powers to a certain extent and I won't hesitate to cut down those in my way.

Now, seriously, how pathetic can a guy be? I mean, it's one thing that he's a pervert, but how many devils travel using a bicycle... Weren't this guys 'superior'? Where are his wings? But I can't really expect much from someone who became a devil 2 days ago. At least he awakened his sacred gear, that's a start.

Anyway, he finally reached the house, with me and Desmond right on his tail. He opened the door with confidence, but right as he did it, it hit me. That smell...was blood.

The pervert entered the house until he realized himself what was scattered on the floor.

???:"Sinners must be punished.", A voice was heard.

While hiding in the dark of the room, I got a good look at our 'summoner'. He had white hair like Jason and he was wearing the uniform of a priest.

Freed:"My name is Freed Sellzen. I'm a priest, performing devil exorcisms for mankind."

Hearing he's a priest, Issei took a few steps back while Freed took out a pistol and a handle, which ended up being a light sword.

Too much star wars for you, pal.

Then, the exorcist attempted to cut down Issei, but he dodged. Unfortunately, he was shot in the leg, putting him on the floor.

Without waiting, he summoned his sacred gear, which made Freed even more excited. He went in for a punch but Freed avoided the attack and slashed the devil's back.

I was ready to jump in when the scream of a girl was heard. She was looking terrified at the dead bodies on the floor.

Freed:"Oh, Asia-chan, did you break through the barrier?"

Asia:"What is this?"

Frees:"So you're still a beginner. This is our job, we kill humans who associated themselves with devils."

This guy...just for that?!

Asia:"Bu-", she stopped when she saw Issei on the floor.

Wait a minute, don't tell me this is the nun...

Issei kept his head low and apologized, while Freed explained to the girl that a human can't live with a devil unless a fallen angel approves.

Fallen angels? Those guys again?

The priest prepared to end Issei's life when Asia got in between.

Freed:"Oi, oi, for real?"

The girl begged the priest to let Issei go, saying he's a good person and that God wouldn't approve of this. This made the priest angry, so he cut the girl's clothes and pinned her to a wall.

He started spouting nonsense about how she needs punishment and how is for a priest to fuck a nun. That's when I decided I had enough. I stepped out of the shadows and delivered a serious punch to his head, making him fly backwards.

Issei:"B-bruce?"

Desmond:"I'm here as well.", He said as he unpinned the girl, setting her down.

Freed:"Oi, oi,  What is this? More humans aiding devils?"

Bruce:"You stay quiet or I'll bash your skull in."

Freed:"Oh, a fiesty one. I like it...but you'll have to stay in line.", He said almost killing Issei, if it wasn't for Kiba who popped out of a red circle, followed by Akeno, Koneko and then Rias.

Playing the hero Again...

Kiba:"I'm afraid I can't let you kill him. He's one of us."

Freed:"Haha, this is awesome. More devils, please stay quiet and let me kill you!"

Akeno:"Ara, Ara, Even a devil can choose his opponent.", She said with a devilish look.

Freed:"Oh, is that love or a death glare? I love to give AND received death glare."

Gremory:"Why don't I eradicate you with a glare.", She announced preparing to strike if it wasn't for my yell.

Bruce:"Wait your turn, Gremory. I saw him first!"

When she turned at me, her eyes widened when she saw dark blue spikes covering my skin. Yes, just like the fire or lighting of my brothers, this represents my powers...the spikes that are pushing you to a conflict. Desmond didn't settle down either, as bloody liquid formed around his hands. A representation of the blood boiling when enraged. These powers sure do complement the horsemen's names.

Rias:"What are you planning on doing?"

Freed:"Oi, Aren't you coming to get me?", He taunted.

Bruce:"SHUT UP!", I yelled, with spikes coming up from the floor almost impaling the priest.

Fortunately, Desmond was faster, as his 'blood' touched free, giving him a good taste of acidic like poison, though that dose would be too small to kill him.

Then, I saw Akeno ready to open a portal for Rias's peerage, to go back to the ORC.

Rias:"You 2, What will you do?"

Bruce:"Isn't it obvi-"

I stopped instantly, I just realized that Rias was leaving because of a portal opened by fallen angels.

Desmond:"Brother, we can't fight in such a closed space."

Bruce:"Yeah, there's the risk of hurting the neighbors. There's nothing to be done, we're retreating."

It seemed like Rias was happy with our decision, but Issei still had something to say.

Issei:"Wait, let's take her with us!", He pointed at Asia.

Rias:"That's impossible. This seal can only transport my servants."

Issei:"What about the time you brought Bruce with you!?"

Bruce:"I used my own powers as fuel for the transport that time. Now shut up and listen for once!"

    I and Desmond used our abilities as horsemen and travelled through a portal which was created by our horses. As for Rias, she disappeared as well, leaving the nun behind.

In the ORC:

     We all got back, but somebody wasn't happy at all. Despite his injured leg, he grabbed my collar and yelled.

Issei:"She was just like you, wasn't she ? She was a human, why didn't you take her with you!"

    Ok, I'm getting sick of this.

    Without warning, I punched him in the gut, and he coughed up blood.

Bruce:"She chose the path of the church, herself. Just like YOU chose to be a devil. I am not a fucking charity!"

   Then he looked at Desmond, hoping for a better answer, but:

Desmond:"We didn't come to Kuoh to play heroes, Hyoudou. It wasn't our choice to be like this."

To be continued...