Chapter 97

3rd POV

As hours flew by, both the brothers and the ORC continued on with their schedules, some finding it better than others, but each with their own fair share of challenges. As it turns out, Bruce's initial try at hunting returned very little results, since there's not really much attachment to wild animals to muster the needed reaction. And in classic Bruce fashion, he makes it a point to complain about it to his siblings, well, the ones willing to listen, at least.

"This turned out to be a complete waste of fucking time!", he fell flat on his back, regarding the sky with a very boring look. It's rare to see Bruce so uninterested that he doesn't even bother to diss Jason or Desmond.

Speaking of the other 2, they joined the blond in watching the purple sky of the underworld. They didn't seem to have much luck either in their endeavor.

"Well, at least I know I'm not the only one having a hard time.", Jason gave his little brother a smug look, though it's more out of relief. In reality, he's been trying to relieve certain memories of his life, both good and bad and see figure out a way to stop or resist the emotional suppression, but as it turns out, it wasn't meant to be. "How am I supposed to 'make the curse work in my favor' when the suppression happens instantly? Forget resisting it, I barely have the time to even notice I'm happy or angry.", he explained his side.

"At least the 2 of you are free to work on your Abyssal forms. I'm still stuck on the hollows.", he swiftly punched the ground in a sort of protest against his own ineptitude. "At this rate, I'll be left behind completel-"

"Don't be hasty, Desmond", interrupted his twin. "I get the feeling of wanting to catch up, it's what I want to do as well, but maybe it's the best time of your life to, you know, deal with emotions and stuff. Maybe, it's better to stick to managing to visualize the hollow weapons for now." 

...

"THE HELL ARE YOU IMPLYING, ASSHOLE!?", screamed the green haired at the top of his lungs

As if to prove Bruce's point, his 'rejection' was a sensible topic and the fact the curse purposely pushes Desmond to overreaction is not exactly useful...at all.

"Way to prove my point!", Strife knocked Desmond's pointed finger away from himself. "Say something to him, Jason. I can't be bothered to deal with this on my own."

"Huh? Why? I don't have experience in being rejected.", empathy is another thing Jason has a hard time grasping, apparently.

"Wow! Fuck off! Both of you! Mom would do a better job than you anyway!", Desmond blurted out those words in the heat of the moment, but-

"That's a tough road you're about to wa-"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up. Yeah, I didn't think that one true. Apologies.", he quickly predicted his twin's warning. It's not that he wouldn't appreciate his mom's help, but teenagers and hormones. You know how they work, and that's even more true for the youngest of the brothers. "Tch. How come Leon has it running smoothly?"