Chapter 36

Jason's POV

After my brother left to solve the problems for Abstergo, the rest of us went, according to Mr. Hyoudou's invitation, for a drink. But the mood was quite different. I guess that's to be expected after what happened. But it seems, someone had the courage to break the silence.

Sona:"So, Mr. Creed or Mercer, you never gave us an answer as to why you use another name."

Alex:"I guess I forgot after we were interrupted..."

My mother went ahead and try to comfort father.

Scarlett:"...That was Leon's idea."

Sigh...I guess it's time to spill the beans. It doesn't seem like we can hide it any longer.

Alex:"You see, Creed is actually the name of Scarlett's family."

Grayfia:"So she didn't change her name after marriage."

Scarlett:"I did...but I decided to change it back."

Sirzechs:"and what does this have to do with Leon?"

Jason:"During the time when there was only me and Leon, we were always followed by the media, because of the success of our parents. It reached a point where my brother even got violent to keep them away from me."

Issei:"He really got that angry?"

Alex:"Unfortunately. When it was known that Anna will be born, Leon came to me."

Zeoticus:"And he asked for your wife to change her name..."

Alex:"Precisely."

Venelana:"But how does that stop the media? They are still your kids."

Desmond:"Using the name of Creed instead of Mercer was like announcing none of us will inherit the company. But the truth wasn't like this."

Rias:"Then...the heir is..."

Jason:" still Leon."

...

My father went silent, probably feeling guilty. My mother wasn't doing any better.

Issei:"And what's so bad? He is in such a good position and he's still not happy?"

...the nerve on this guy is driving me crazy.

Jason:"It may be looking good from your side, but for him is different."

Saji:"I mean, it's still better than most people get. "

I was wondering when will Bruce snap and there it is.

Bruce:"and what do you know?"

Alex:"Bruce!"

Bruce:"No father, I had enough of dodging the bullet. It's about time we acknowledge the problem. You know damn well he's doing it so we will not have to endure it! I don't think I have to explain that that company is the one thing he hates the most!"

Sona:"Hates the most?"

Desmond:"... For robbing him of his family... twice."

...

It seems that they didn't ask further questions, probably so they won't provoke Bruce again.

Zeoticus:"I'm sure your son understands your pain."

Alex:"I know he does... but he still represents our biggest failure as parents...all because of this company."

Sirzechs:"Do you resent it?"

Alex:"No, I won't dare after my father sacrificed so much for it."

Akeno:"Sacrifice?"

Scarlett:"In the past, Abstergo was involved in some serious shady affairs, something called Animus. It was at that time that Leon's grandfather put a stop to it, reforming the entire company."

Grayfia:"Then, where does his hatred come from?"

Scarlett:"Dear, his circumstances aren't exactly normal."

Meanwhile
Leon's POV

After I got a message with the address of the office, I decided to drive straight to that location, no stops. But I couldn't help but think of what just happened...I got too sentimental during all this time...I need to do something about it.

On a second note, the report from Dust also came in, and ... What does Michael think he is doing? Giving Ascalon to a devil? Sigh... Maybe I should pay the angels a visit myself.

While thinking about a course of actions, I barely saw a woman crossing the road...when it's green for me. I quickly pressed the brake, and fortunately, I stopped right before hitting her.

Leon:"Are you asking to be run over by somebody?", I asked annoyed.

But when the smoke cleared, I was met with Odin's assistant...hmm... let's... Rossweisse, right?

Leon:"Sigh...you again?"

Rossweisse:"What's that reaction for?"

Leon:"You're standing in the middle of the road. You expect a medal?"

It seems only now she realized what she was doing... Sigh, I'm getting a headache.

Leon:"What exactly are you looking for? You seem lost."

Rossweisse:"I'm accompanying Lord Odin."

...

Leon:"Then maybe I'm blind cause I don't see him."

Rossweisse:"That's... the problem."

Huh?

Leon:"You...got separated...", Man, I can't help but feel pity for her.

Rossweisse:"D-do not l-look at me like that. It's not like I know this place."

There has to be a limit to how pure one can be. Not to mention she was a full-grown woman, not a little girl.

Leon:"Fine... where did he disappear?"

Rossweisse:"He went somewhere in the north...and left me behind."

North? Weird. The city is in the Southeast. The only thing he'll find in the north is. . . Oh, give me a break already.

I threw a helmet at her, surprising her.

Leon:"Get on. I know where the bastard is."

She seemed reluctant to do it, but she had no choice. But seriously, if she doesn't hold on to me, she'll fall.

Leon:"Hold tight or you'll fall."

Rossweisse:"B-but, I still want to get married!"

...

Leon:"You're telling me... Nobody asked for your hand yet?"

Even though the helmet, I could see she was on verge of crying. Sigh...it seems the Norse Gods have no taste in women.

Leon:"Sigh...at this rate, I might take you myself."

Rossweisse:"W-what? B-But you're a student..."

Chill out! Man, she's a hard one to handle.

Timeskip

After 20 minutes of driving, we finally reached the office in Kuoh... And I think Rossweisse held on a bit too tight. Oh well...it this problem ends up what is what I think it is... we're gonna have a long talk.

We slowly made our way to the room of the CEO and look and behold...the pervert Odin is right there...

This might be the only time you'll see me pray.

Odin:"What are you praying for?"

Leon:"For when he's done with Baldur, to pay you a visit."

Odin:"...who?

Leon:"...the ghost of Sparta..."

To be continued...