Chapter 75

Death's POV

         Sigh... I almost forgot the sensation of moving freely. Sure, I can do that in the kingdom of the Dead, but here... there's no contest. However...

Death:"What happened? No more comments about proving trust and the like? Speak!"

     No use, it seems. Guess my sudden appearance is a bit too much for their feeble hearts, at least some of them.

Jason:"What the fuck is going on?!"

Bruce:"Easy, Jason. Leon got it all under control, ain't that right you masked bastard?"

      Ah, how I miss Strife.

Death:"Yes. After all, we're partners till the end."

Desmond:"Partners? How come you're able to appear in a physical form?"

Bruce:"He's only partially fused with Leon hence his ability to retain conscious."

Jason:"You knew?!"

    Leon knew what he was talking about. Jason can't seem to accept the idea.

Death:"War. I have no ill intention against your bother. If I wanted him gone, it would have hap-Agh!"

    Before I could finish, the little rascal kicked me full force in my back. Is this revenge from earlier?!

Leon:"Stop talking out of your ass, idiot.  You can't even get out without my approval. Fuck outta here with your "He would be dead" bullshit!"

   Ohoho!

Death:"You're even more annoying when it's face to face..."

Leon:"That's my line, pal. Now quit wasting time. I can't keep this up all day!"

Death:"Fine! What's your deal, that time of the month?"

Leon:"Yeah, the hunting season and I think I found my prey."

    Jeez. I can't imagine how many times he would have swung at me if he could. Hmmm?

      "For a human, he has guts, I'll give him that."

    The whispering came from the young devils. Seekvaira, was it?

Rias:"I..."

Death:"It's fine to be confused. Tho I have my own bones to pick with some of you. Maybe let me talk with the dragon as well, Leon?"

Leon:"You'll talk with my fist if you don't get back on track."

Death:"Yes yes, freaking drama queen. Anyway! I STILL didn't hear a word from our merciful and wise demon kings. Elders? Neither from you. Or maybe the angels over there? Wake up!"

Uriel:"Death. Unbelievable."

Death:"Ah, Uriel. Much time has passed. Gotta say tho, 'You're missing his sense of pride'. Thanks for the laugh. Now unfreeze your dear Michael, I don't have all day."

Uriel:"You've changed."

Leon:"Nope, he's always been a sarcastic asshole. But he doesn't have a leash on anymore."

Death:"Because you give me so much freedom. Suuuuure."

Bruce:"Oh boi, I gotta up my game with him around."

   That you certainly have to do. But thanks to this on going joke, Jason and Desmond seemed to breath some more. Guess Leon's message got across with that kick. 'I am in charge'.