Chapter 67

3rd POV

     The Horseman of Death was reunited with the Crowfather in the kingdom of the dead due to his need of controlling the curse. He made sure to leave a very convincing decoy back at the company along with a pretty good explanation to his intern.

     Leon Creed was both intrigued and grossed out by this real among many others. Intrigued cause it proves the truth about death being just another state of being. Grossed out because of the potential meetings one could have in this place, dictators, psychopaths, hideous supernatural beings and so on. While his powers could virtually surpass most of them, his stomach remains that of a human. There's a limit to how much ugliness one can handle.

Leon:"We're here, Death. Now lay it out for me to understand. Your plan, that is."

Crowfather:"You seem impatient, young Creed. Cautiousness is advised."

Death:"He knows. But time doesn't wait for him so we better hurry."

      The previous Horseman took on again his spiritual physical form, something possible only in the kingdom of the dead, where spirits roam free.

Leon:"I know you said I'll learn to keep the curse under wraps as much as possible, but exactly am I supposed to do?"

Death:"Stare at the abyss to the point where it's too afraid to stare back."

...

...

Leon:

Crowfather:"Time will tell

Crowfather:"Time will tell."

Leon:"Oh great. The cryptic duo. Could you do the world a favor and learn to be direct? Would it kill you to?"

Crowfather:"...do I need to say it?"

...

Leon:"Nevermind. What now? What do we start with?"

Death:"I thought you'd never ask."

     The soul of the Horseman delivered a swift punch to the liver and followed with a kick to the temple of an already kneeling victim, knocking Leon unconscious.

Death:"That felt good!"

Crowfather:"You waited a lot to do this, didn't you?"

Death:"Yes. Worth it. Besides, sleep is necessary to trigger his condition. Although... while he's asleep, my senses are dull so I should keep and open eye."

Crowfather:"Heh... You have a weird way of expressing friendship and brotherhood, kinslayer."

Meanwhile in the Underworld:

Bruce's POV

       Can't believe I'm forced to be civil when I want to torment half of the real. And for what? Stupid traditions?!