Chapter 25

Leon's POV

So...I wonder... would you ever touch a corpse that has rotten for over a month now? No? Well, how about touching Hyoudou's hand to speak privately with the lizard...?

"Sigh...why do I have to do it?", I asked the dragon again.

"Like I said... it's the only way for us to have a private conversation...or would you like the others to hear as well?", he taunted.

Well, my brothers wouldn't be a problem...but Gremory is here and I can't risk her getting details on me. So...with the bit of self-control I had left...I put my hand on the pervert's gauntlet...and everything became dark.

I couldn't see anything... couldn't hear anything...as if I was in a black hole. Suddenly, flames appeared out of nowhere, filling the space, but I didn't feel any hit.

"Welcome, human.", Said a powerful voice, right before the dragon itself appeared before me.

"Was all this dramatic entrance necessary?", I asked him, but he ignored my questions.

"Let me explain. This place represents a mental connection established between us, though it's just temporary. I assure you, the others can't hear a thing. To them, you look like you're asleep, on your feet.", He explained all I needed to know.

The concept was really similar to how I can communicate with Despair or Dust...so it's nothing complicated for me. "Well then, tell me, what exactly did you want to discuss?"

"... As you probably know, there is one other emperor besides me. I already told my partner this and now I'm telling you...the white one has awakened.", He announced in a serious tone, completely different from my response.

. . .

"...Ok...", I simply said back, dumbfounding the giant creature in from of me. He was probably surprised by my laid-back attitude.

"You... don't even care?", He questioned, still surprised.

"I don't get you, people. It could be 2 emperors, it could be hundreds...that doesn't change anything.", I explained.

...

"Can I take that as a confirmation that you won't get in between our destined fight?", he was wary of me.

Now, I know the whole prophecy and how the 2 emperors are destined to fight each other with each host...but here's the thing. That prophecy is pretty much in flames for me.

"Like I said. I don't care about you or the other one.", He seemed relieved, but it didn't last much. "But keep in mind...the moment your fated duel or whatever crosses a line, you're in mind hands then."

Suddenly, the red burning flames in my proximity turned pitched black and above me... appeared an entity... something even gods can't scare...the embodiment of the reaper. Guess that's how this subspace responds to my powers.

 Guess that's how this subspace responds to my powers

3rd POV

Meanwhile, the others were wondering what were the 2 in front of them discussing.

"They're really taking their time...", Sona pointed out.

"Do you feel anything, Issei?", Rias asked her pawn.

"Well, aside from the heat coming from Leon's hand... nothing much. Is this normal?", He asked confused.

"Yes. It means they're talking normally...but if Leon is emanating heat-", Jason didn't have the time to finish his sentence when Leon's whole hand went on fire.

" And there goes the discussion...", Bruce specified.

The heat was raised instantly in the room, is hard to even approach the third year, until:

"This discussion is over.", Leon spoke, opening his eyes and quickly taking distance from Issei. Obviously, the rest was already asking questions, but they all got the silent treatment. Even when Desmond got curious, he only got a 'we will talk at home', implying that they did discuss something important.

Without any more words, the horseman of death left the room, not before specifying he'll be late tonight. The other 3 were left with curiosity and suspension. It was at this time that the dragon awakened as well.

"Rias Gremory.", He called with seriousness in his tone. "That boy...I don't know what plans you might have for the future, but I advise you, don't make an enemy out of him." The dragon warned her.

With that, he went back to his slumber, for the moment. "What's that supposed to mean?", Wondered the pervert.

" Exactly as it sounds. Your partner just warned you to be cautious around my brother.", Jason explained.

First the agents of the church and now the dragon's warning. It would seem that problems keep following the devils of Kuoh Academy. But by far, the biggest mystery for them was this individual, Leon Creed, and they wanted some answers.

"It may not be my place to ask, but... I'm curious, has your brother ever told you what his goal is?", Sona asked the remaining 3 Creed siblings.

They looked at each other with a confused expression. "To keep our family safe...I thought it was pretty obvious.", Desmond commented.

"That's not what I mean. After that, what will he do? Doesn't he have a dream he wants to accomplish?", He pressed the subject even further, earning a disapproving regard from Bruce.

"I don't thinks he really wants such a things...or if he's even capable of it anymore, He explained, adopting a rather sad smile.

"But that's incomprehensible. He's a human. They possess desires and aspire to accomplish them through any means possible. You expect me to believe he doesn't have any sort of wish?", Sona made one final attempt at getting a better answer.

"We don't expect you to believe anything. Regardless, that won't change him. Those who walk the path of the Horsemen have to pay a great price... especially the horseman of death. It's a curse you can't meddle with Sona.", Bruce laid the information for her, only to get back more questions, but none of them were answered.

The 3 brothers decided to leave for their home, leaving the devils to figure out the rest for themselves. One thing was certain, a question was lingering through the Devils' heads:

"What exactly is the price?"

To be continued...