F O U R T Y O N E

41 | Decade dance 2.0

I woke up to my phone ringing. The loud noise made me groan. I waited for it to stop and then tried to fall back asleep. But then it rang again. And again. And again.

I moved my hand around my sheets trying to find my phone with my eyes still closed. I found it quickly and opened my eyes. I held it up to my face so I could see who was calling.

Caroline.

I answered the phone with a groan. "Hello," I yawned.

"Did you just get up?" Caroline asked me frantically.

"Yeah, why?" I hugged slightly, wanting to get her to get the the point of this call.

"It's like two! Your supposed to be here helping us set up for the decade dance!" She yelled at me.

"I might not even go."

"Not even go? You are going whether or not I have to drag your hybrid ass out of bed! Get down here A.S.A.P," there was a noise at the end meaning she had hung up the call.

I slammed my phone down with a sigh and got up walking to my dresser. I grabbed a random outfit I found scattered around my room and tugged them on after discarding my hoodie. Then I left.

It took me only five minutes to drive and be at the school. I walked in and picked up sounds coming from the gym.

"- she should have shown up to do it herself." I heard Caroline's voice say as I entered the gym. She feels my presence as I walk over to her and Elena.

"Uh, finally!" Caroline placed her hands on her hips. Caroline looked behind me and scoffed. "Here," she grabbed balloons from the table she was standing in front of, "hand these up over there." She raised her finger in the opposite direction from where we stood.

Another irritated noise left her mouth as she turned back to me. Again, she looked behind me. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down!" She sighed. "Look at them being all bro-mancey."

"Yeah. I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the grill." Elena nodded, watching her brother and ex-boyfriend with a smile.

"Well, that was nice of him," I thought aloud.

"Jermey's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has gotten him really stressed out." Elena explained, a frown forming on her face.

"You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon? Getting all hot and heavy at a sleepy motel." The blonde vampire raised her eyebrows, moving her shoulders with a smirk.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it." Elena rolled her eyes.

"Ah, what are friends for?" Caroline smiled.

"So who are you girls bringing to the dance?" Caroline asked us. She threw me a suggestive look and a head tilt.

Elena looked at me and furred her eyebrows. "Is there some boy I don't know about?"

My eyes widened and I quickly responded. "No. Absolutely not. No," I shook my head and laughed. She looked at me skeptically before turning her attention on Caroline.

"I thought the three of us and Bonnie were going as girl dates?" Elena asked, wrapping a black bowa around her neck.

"Bonnie has a date. Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him."

"That's awesome. I'm happy for Bonnie."

"Mm, why don't you ask Stefan?"

"I can't ask him. I made out with his brother." Elena looked down, shame swimming in her dark eyes.

"All the more reason. You're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right? I've watched the bachelor. Fair is fair. It's Stefans turn."

"Yeah, and you're not biased or anything." Elena laughed a little.

———

"Woah, it looks awesome!" I exclaimed, looking around.

"You knew what it looked like. You helped set up." She pointed out as we made our way to the drink table.

"Yeah, but music wasn't playing and the lights weren't as fun and there wasn't this many people." I gestured to all the people dancing.

Caroline's eyes shifted behind me and a small smile made its way onto her lips. "Oh, there's Matt. I'll see you later."

I was now standing alone beside the drink table. Awkwardly, now, might I add, because a slow song started playing. "Care for a dance, love?" A voice spoke from behind me.

"I don't dance." I spoke, turning around and coming face-to-face with Klaus.

"Just one?" Klaus asked, walking closer to me. Meeting his eyes did me no good, because as soon as I looked into them I fell into his charm. I didn't want to say no, so I sighed and took his hand.

"Just one." I let him pull me into the crowd.

I felt as he wasn't telling me something, I just couldn't point out what. We laughed as we danced I felt myself lean in and soon felt Klaus lips connect to mine.

I heard someone clear there throat. I pull back and turn to see Stefan standing there. My eyes widen. He gave me a look that probably meant we would talk about this later.

"Your mothers back." Stefan said to Klaus.

———

The Salvatore brothers, Bonnie, Her friend who I'm guessing is Jamie, Klaus, and myself stood in Alaric's classroom while Bonnie was doing a spell.

"Merabras hec libatal confrenum signas omus quisa tentum exalus." Bonnie mumbled.

"She does this all the time right?" Jamie asked. I gave him a nod and looked back at bonnie.

"What's taking so long?" Klaus said getting impatient. "All boundary spells have a loophole."

Matt walked in the door. "People are walking right out of the dance past the barrier."

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe it's because the fact their human? It's a supernatural barrier."

"Well, if Matt and I can leave we could stop Esther ourselves. We just have to find out where she is." Jermey said.

"Absolutely not." I looked at him. I was sitting on top of a desk next to Klaus.

"It's suicide, Jermey." Stefan said.

Klaus sped towards Jamie and held him up by his neck. "Suicide would be disappointing me. Now work your magic or I'll start killing people you fancy."

"Let him go!" Bonnie shouted.

"Not until you get us out of here." Klaus said.

"Ah, don't be stupid Klaus bonnie doesn't give a damn about most of us. The only reason she's helping is to save Caroline, Nora, and Tyler." Stefan says. "If you start killing people she cares about she'll tell us all to go to hell."

"Nik, drop him." I said as Klaus sighed and dropped the boy, giving him a death glare.

———

"They're at the old cemetery. Matt and Jermey are on their way." Stefan said as him, Caroline, Tyler and myself our in the gym.

I got up and walked over to Stefan. "You let them go fight a witch? What the hell, Stefan, why would you do that?" I said.

"We didn't have a choice." Stefan said.

I rolled my eyes.

That's when Stefan told me the boundary spell was broke. All of us went to the cemetery only for Elena to tell us about Alaric.