T H I R T Y F I V E

35 | Can you keep a secret?

I woke up to the light shining through my window. I think back to last night and my thoughts instantly go to Klaus and the kiss. I smiled. I missed the feeling of his lips against mine. But now that I know what it feels like, it makes me want him more.

I need to talk to someone about this. It's been killing me. I need girl advise. The bond is getting stronger, I can feel it. I decided on what to do. I called Caroline and had her meet me at my house.

"Hey, Care." I said as she picked up the phone.

"Hey. Nora." She replied.

"Can you come over? I really need some girl talk." I basically pleaded into the phone, it would feel good to get this off my chest.

"Say no more. I'll be over in ten minutes." She said cheerfully. She loved girl talk, and she knew it was very rare that I was interested in such talks.

I could feel the excitement radiating off of her Through the phone. I didn't get ready because it was only my best friend since kindergarten coming over. I left myself in spandex shorts and a hoodie. My hair was lazily threw up in a bun with baby hairs left out.

I was on my phone when Caroline busted through my door shutting it, and then turn jumping on my bed. I laugh, turned off my phone, and threw it to the side of me. "Ok, talk." She demanded.

"Ok first, you cannot tell anyone." I said making the word anyone known.

"Ok, I won't say a word. Best friend promise." She replied eagerly.

"So, I don't know how to say this. I'm a wolf. Klaus is a wolf. There's this thing called mates and there's a three step process thing. Klaus and I are mates and we are on step two And there's this pull that pulls me to him like a magnet and it's getting harder to resist and I don't want anyone to hate me." I let out in one breath.

"Oh, wow. Not as bad as I thought." She said.

"Not as bad? I just told you I'm mated to a pyscho original hybrid." I furrowed my brows at the vampires calmness.

"Well you can't do anything, Nora. Especially who you love, Or like. It's your life, not anyone else's. Who cares what they think." She smiled. "And besides you'd look cute together, you got my vote."

I laugh and shake my head at my best friend. "Also we kissed."

Her eyes grow wide. "Really." A smile formed on her face.

"Yeah. . ."

"Ships already sailing. But if you don't mind me asking. What are the so called 'steps'?"

"Um, well. I read this in like a note or paper from long ago and it happened to be correct. So Uh step one, is like triggering it." I paused. "You make eye contact I suppose and step two, is marking I think. Klaus drank blood from my neck and now I have this mark on my wrist." I say holding up my wrist to show her.

"Wait! He feed from you." She says smirking and raising her eyebrows.

"Uh. Yeah." I say.

"Ok step three?" She asked.

I sat there awkward.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Step three is like mating. You know?" I say looking down at my comforter, hoping she would get it.

"Mating? Like. . . Oh," she said realizing what I was getting at. "We both get hot hybrid sex," she says smirking causing my mouth to go wide.

"Caroline!" My eyes widened.

She chuckled. "Well it's true. " She crawled over to my side and laid down next to me. "But really N, Do what you want." Her voice was suddenly really serious.

"Thanks, Care." I said laying my head on her shoulder.

———

I went downstairs the next morning in leggings and a long sleeve shirt. "I'm heading out." I pulled on my shoes

"Where are you going?" Elena asked eating cereal at the table.

"Just for a walk or a run whatever I feel like." I said finishing tying my shoe lashes up.

"Ok, be careful." She warned and I nodded stepping outside.

I was walking down a road in the middle of the forest. I saw another girl walking with her face down looking at her phone. She notices me and runs over.

"Hi, can I use your phone, please, my car ran out of gas and my phones dead." She looked scared. I nodded.

I pulled my phone out but before I handed it to her I notice a cut on her forehead.

"Oh, your bleeding." I said looking at her head.

"Oh." She said taking her hand and seeing if it was Bad. My breath was shaky as I felt my veins grown under my eyes.

She looked scared. "What the hell." She muttered as she stumbled back and away from me. My hunger got the best of my as I sped towards her grabbing her and sinking my teeth in her.

Her screams were muffled and I barely could here her screams for help as I was overwhelmed with the pleasure of feeling the warm liquid down my throat.

I let go of the dark haired girl as she dropped dead on the road.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I realized what I had done. I killed a innocent girl. "Please wake up." I crouched down on the right side of her and bit into my wrist drawing blood, I put my wrist up to her mouth but she wouldn't drink it.

She was dead.

No heartbeat.

I couldn't bring her with me. So I just left her without thinking.

I sped home, running inside panicking. Blood was running down my mouth and on my chin. Caroline was inside talking to Elena when they noticed me.

The ran to me.

"Nora, what's wrong?" Caroline asked.

"What happened?" Elena looked worried.

"I was— w—walking and I saw this girl. Her car broke down and she asked for help and she was b—bleeding and I— killed her. I barley heard her screams and cries for me to stop. I killed an innocent girl." I closed my eyes.

I didn't notice I was now on the couch. "What did I just do? I killed someone."

Well, technically it wasn't the first time I killed someone. The first time, the only other time was when I triggered my curse. A friend and I were walking down the streets when I was staying with my dad, and there was a creepy man following us.

When he tried to grab us, he didn't expect a girl of seven to have unusual strength and carry a knife. Without thinking I plunged it into his throat, my friend, named Hayley, and I both fled.

Strange thing is she continued to be my friend after that. She was never afraid I had killed a grown man. She was the one to convince me I did good. I rid the world of a horrible person.

Caroline pulled me into a hug. "It's going to be ok. You didn't mean too."