F I F T Y O N E

51 | Catch me if you can

"Klaus still wants me to finish the mark, he's not gonna stop." Jermey said whole holding a mini cross bow in his hands.

"Ok. Well Damon's gonna be back soon and then we can figure something out." Elena said walking towards him slightly.

"Seriously, you still trust Damon?"

"He saved your life!"

"He saved the map to the cure. He couldn't care less about me."

"I care about you." Elena put her hand on Jeremy's shoulder.

He pushed it off, "Don't."

"Whatever's inside of me that makes me want to hunt, right now it's on overdrive."

"Jeremy." Elena said looking down at his hand to see he's holding a stake. He let out a deep sigh and stepped back.

"I'm sorry, I know what I have to do, Elena, I really want to get the cure for you, but I just— I don't know how I'm gonna do this." Jeremy said honestly.

Recently I decided to buy my own apartment. Well not buy, compel. I turned to my cousins. "Hey I'm gonna go home I'm feeling a bit tired." I said picking up my phone and placing it in my back pocket.

Elena nodded. "See you later." Elena said as I walked out the door. I sighed walking to my car.

I like to imagine how our lives would be if it wasn't for this "Supernatural." The drive home was a short, quiet one. I got tired of the quiet and put on music. I smiled at the song and turned it up. I pulled in to my apartment complex and hopped out of my car. I hurried inside and locked the door, speeding to my room.

I threw my phone on my nightstand and changed into more comfy clothes and flopped on my bed. I reached up and grabbed my remote turning on Netflix. After a movie and a half I slowly fell asleep.

I woke up to a call from Elena. I hesitantly answered the phone. I looked outside to see how dark it had gotten. "Hey will you come to my house?" Elena asked.

I sat up on my bed running my eyes. "Yeah, sure." I said and hung up. I got up and walked to my closet. I pulled on a random outfit I grabbed from my closet.

I put my boots on and speed to Elenas house. I stood at the end of the street and continued to walk the rest of the way. I stopped when I smelt fire. I got worried and sped the rest of the way.

I coughed up, seeing all the fire. Kol was laying on the floor in the kitchen, on fire. Elena and Jeremy were standing above his body. Elena turned the corner and saw me. I didn't even feel Klaus until he spoke, looking at Elena with so much hatred, it radiated off him.

"What did you do?" Klaus says walking closer to the barrier that was held up so he couldn't enter the house.

"We— we didn't have a choice, he was trying to cut off Jeremys arm." Elena muttered.

"Lies, he never would have gotten inside if you hadn't have set a trap for him." I glared at elena.

"You said you were gonna put him down too." Elena looked fearful, and she should be.

"I was gonna make him suffer on my terms!" Klaus sighed. "I'm gonna burn this house to the ground. And then when you try to flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking." Klaus threatened.

"You kill us, you'll never get the cure, you'll never be able to make anymore hybrids." Jeremy said stepping up.

"You really think and I care for an instant about my bloody hybrids? I want the cure so I can destroy it. I would have killed you all the second we dug it up, but now I'm just gonna watch you burn instead." Klaus threatened.