T E N

10 | Klaus is here

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah your family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna said as she poured a glass of wine.

"Hmm, do tell." Damon said, clearly not being interested.

While no one was looking and instead engaged in conversation, I snatched up the wine and poured it into my cup. I sneakily slid it back to its original place and leaned back against the wooden chair I was sitting in and took a sip.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, A faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the sixteen-nineties. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." Elijah looked up from his plate.

"Hmm. Because there were witches." My mom jokes.

"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem." Andie spoke up.

"Andies a journalist. Big on facts." Damon looked at andie who was sitting next to him.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria, it broke out in the neighboring settlement, so, these witches were rounded up, they were tied to stakes in the field and uh, burned." Elijah said.

That sounds horrible.

"I wouldn't repeat this to the historical society." Jenna laughs.

"It's starting to sound like a little ghost story to me." John speaks up, all though everyone ignores him not caring about what he said.

"So, why do you want to know the location of these massacres?" Damon asked looking up to Elijah.

————

I stood in the kitchen helping my mother put away some dishes while she waited for the dessert to be done. "I'm going back out there. Wish me luck."

When I walked out of the kitchen and into the dinning room I froze. I stood there with wide eyes as Alaric takes a dagger out of Elijah's vainy body. "Oh my gosh." I said my hand flying to my mouth. "Um I'm gonna go, lots of homework. Tell my mom I left."

I felt uneasy.

"Take him away before Jenna comes back." I could hear Damon's voice say as I walked out of the house from the front door.

I don't know exactly why I ran out. The familiar feeling of fear rushed through my body. I just knew something was going to happen because of what they had just done.

——-

It's been around a week and Elena explained everything to me, from Elijah waking up, to needing to keep the dagger in place. But Elijah is definitely not going to be happy when he wakes up after he was re-daggered.

My life is awesome, I thought sarcastically.

I decided to get up and get ready for school. I threw on a black lace bodysuit and basic black ripped jeans. I left my hair down and added a necklace.

I grab my phone and backpack and head downstairs. "Hey, mom." I wave as I get some orange juice.

"Hey, sweetie." She looked up from the newspaper she was currently reading.

"Oh, gotta run." I raised my brows as I looked down at my phone to see the time was reading seven fourteen.

"Ok, have a good day." She smiled as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder and slipped on my shoes. I left the house, checking my pockets to make sure I had my keys and sure enough they were in my back pocket.

Today felt off. My stomach was uneasy as I walked into the school building. My breathing was unusually short and it seemed to hot in the school, like it was a hundred degrees.

I focused on my locker and once I got there I immediately did my combination.

Twenty-four, thirteen, five

I grab all my stuff for history and looked down at my phone. Class started in three minutes. I put my phone in my pocket and shut my locker and walked to class.

When I walked in I took my usual spot next to Elena. Elena held up a poster and showed Stefan. It was about the decade dance happening. He shook his head. She then turned to me and Bonnie and did the same thing to us, but we nodded our heads with a smirk.

She at us then turned her head to Stefan wearing a smirk of triumph.

"Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Mr. Saltzman waltzed into class and opened a big book on top of his desk.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week." A girl from the front row, Dana, says.

"I don't think he actually wanted an answer Dana." I mumbled and Elena stifled a laugh.

"Right." Alaric says. "The sixties." As Mr. Saltzman said this, Elena went to turn around and place her jacket on the back of her seat and missed the victorious look on the teachers face.

"The, uh, ahem the sixties I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties but, actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course, they made it bearable. Uh, what else was there. The Cuban missile thing, the— we walked on the moon, there was watergate." Mr. Saltzman says.

"The watergate was seventies Alaric," I say looking up from my phone that was under my desk. We made eye contact when I realized I called him Alaric. "I mean— uh, Mr.Saltzman." I corrected myself and looked down with embarrassment.

The vampire who was possessing the high school teachers body stood looking at the girl in shock. She looked way more beatiful then the pictures and dreams. He quickly looked away not wanting to look like a creep in her teachers body.

"Rights. It all kind of mushes together up there. The sixties, seventies. Thank you Nora." He turned around to face the chalk board suppressing a smirk.

————-

Elena and I were currently walking through the cafeteria to find the Bennett witch. "There you are." I smile and sit down across from Bonnie and Elena too the seat to the left of Bonnie.

"Hey Nora, there you are." The dark-haired girl from my first hour walked over to us. I smile falsely and start to pick at my pineapple with the plastic fork in my hand.

"Ok, this is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight." Dana exclaims a little to excitedly.

"Tell him she is going." Bonnie winked playfully at me and looked back to Dana.

"You could meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight, look for him. His name is Klaus."

I dropped my fork, and almost choked on my pineapple. I looked up at Dana in shock. This was all happening to soon for my taste. "I'm sorry what did you just say?" Elena asks.

"His names Klaus. I know the names stupid, but I swear he's hot." Dana repeated the news, trying to reason with us.

"Where is he? Is he here?" Bonnie asks turning around, looking around the cafeteria for the man in question.

"I don't know." Dana said looking around confused. It was clear she was compelled just by the tone of her voice.

"Well thank you." I said towards Dana. She smiled and walked away. "She's been compelled." I push my food away, not feeling hungry anymore.