T H I R T Y

30 | The recurring dream

"Wait, Elena calm down I can't understand a word your saying." I spoke into the phone as I bent down, trying to pull on my shoes as I balanced my phone on my shoulder and my ear.

There was a lot of mumbling that I couldn't make out. It sounded like she was sobbing. All I could make out was something along the lines of "pleasecomegetme".

"Ok, don't worry. I'm on my way right now." I stood up straight and rushed down the stairs, slipping out the front door and hopped in my car.

I speed down to whickery not caring if I got into an accident. Elena and Jermey were the only family I had left and I sure as hell was not letting anything happen to Elena.

I drove up to the bridge and saw Elena standing to the side, refusing to go anywhere near the bridge right now. Elena opens the door and gets inside. She shuts my door, heavily crying.

"Why the fuck would he do that?" I say trying to keep my voice down from the anger bubbling inside me.

"He did it to get to Klaus. To get him to do what he wants." Elena cries.

"I swear next time I see him he's dead." I said as I turn around and head back to our house.

"No please. I don't want you getting hurt." She says as if that would stop me.

"I don't care about getting hurt! I care about you getting hurt, he almost killed you Elena!" She sighs and puts her head back against the seat closing her eyes.

I can hear her heart beat slow down and she was relaxing.

She was sleeping.

I take this as my time to calm myself down. As we approach the house I decided to just carry her, not wanting to wake her up. One thing about Elena she was the deepest sleeper.

I opened her door and grabbed her out.

———

"I'm bored." Elena whined as she sat beside me on my bed. I set my phone down beside me and propped myself up, leaning against my headboard.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked her.

"Oh I know. Wanna play a game from when we were younger?" She asked with her eyes glistening in joy.

"Depends." I reply.

"It doesn't really have a name. But the one where we asked questions about ourself and if the other person didn't get it right we'd hit them with a pillow?" She asked.

I laughed. "The last time we played that was, I think eight years ago, but why not." Elena smiled at my answer.

"Ok me first. Um what's my Zodiac sign?" She asked me as if it was a trick question.

I answered quickly.

"Why your a cancer of course." I smile.

"My turn. What's my sign?" I ask her as I try to come up with more questions.

"Oh, your an Aries," she said suddenly leading me to jump out of my thoughts.

Questions go by and hilarious memories.

We laughed as I had hit my head on the headboard. "Are. . . you. . . ok?" She said laughing.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I laugh. "Your turn."

"Ok. My favorite movie?"

Oh shoot. She has so many.

"Can you give me a genre?" I ask her.

"It's a scary one."

"Scream?" I asked her. She shook her head picking up a pillow and hitting me in the side of my head.

"What was it?" I laugh.

"It was Annabelle, duh." She says laughing along with me.

"Oh shoot! We watch that all the time!" I sigh and throw my head back hitting my head once again on the headboard. I groan and give Elena a 'shut up' look to which she just replies with a smile.

"Hey what time is it?" Elena asked me. I turn over to my phone.

"It's one-twenty." She jumps out of bed.

"I totally forgot I'm supposed to hang with Matt today at one-thirty. I'll see you later." She says running out of my room causing me to laugh and roll my eyes at how forgetful she is.

———

I watch as the sun went down.

It was beautiful. I loved sunsets. I sat on my couch peacefully watching as it grew darker and darker by the second. It was around nine P.M. I turn back to the t.v.

I stand up and go shut the curtains to the living room windows. I decided to turn on a movie because I was bored. I was feeling rather in a mood for a scary movie.

I sat on the floor looking through our movies. I could have looked on Netflix but I have seen every scary movie on there.

We had a verity of scary movies. Elena and I were big fans of anything scary. Funny right. I remember from my eighth birthday to when I turned fourteen I had this total vampire phase causing me to see every vampire movie and read all the twilight books at least three times.

I actually liked twilight despite most people's options. But I couldn't help but notice how Elena and Bella were similar. I smirked at the thought and pull out the movie I decided on watching.

Chucky.

Of course to me it wasn't scary, more gruesome but that's why I always turned my head. I put the movie in and and pressed play as I grab a blanket and turned the lights off and snuggle into the couch throwing the blanket over me, Making sure to cover my feet.

As the movie went on and time passed I felt myself getting sleepy.

"Looks who's awake." I say as I opened the door holding the little girl from before.

She smiled at them before turning to me. "Mom, can I go play in the garden?"

"Yeah." I said watching her as she ran off to the garden where she had a little table there with her paints.

"Hey Nora." Someone said waking me. I jumped up and screamed.

"Elena, you scared me." I said looking around to see it was light outside.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"It's—its fine. When did you get home?" I rubbed my eyes with my hands.

"Around ten last night. I decided not to wake you. I have to meet up with Bonnie I'll see you later. I just wanted to make sure you didn't sleep in. It's almost noon."

My thoughts went back to the dream. Who was that little girl? Why did I keep having dreams about her?