E I G H T

8 | Oh, joy

"Hey Stefan, hey Elena." I said, stopping in-front of them as I walked down the stairs.

"Hey, Nora." They both said somewhat at the same time.

"Stefan and I are planning on going to my mom and dad's lake house." Elena informed me, turning away from Stefan to face me, a smile on her face.

"Sounds fun." I nodded.

"Come on, we should get going." Elena says and walks out the door with Stefan trailing not far behind her.

"Bye, Nora." They both call out.

"Have fun." I wave. "But not too much fun. Don't do anything I would do."

"You mean 'don't do anything I wouldn't do?' Don't you?" Elena stopped to question me.

"Oh no, honey. Don't do anything I would do." I winked at her and shut the door. I could hear her laugh until I walked away.

————

"Can't believe your making me go to this." I grumble while Damon holds my back, basically pushing me into the Lockwood mansion.

I was dressed in a short, black dress and some random black heels I threw on because I didn't even know I was coming until Damon showed up and forced me to come.

"It'll be. . . fun." Damon says as we enter.

"Yeah, loads of it. . . If you're eighty and have nothing better to do in life." I remark sarcastically.

We walked silently through a doorway and saw my mom almost walk into us. "Damon, Nora, what are you two doing here?"

"He made me come." I rolled my eyes, glancing to my left to see Damon's latest plaything. That just reminds me how much I can't wait to stomp on his foot later because of him compelling her. Or maybe stomp on his face. . . Oh how I wish.

"Hi." Damon's "girlfriend" greeted coming up to Damon with a warm smile on her face. She smiled at me before turning to face my mother.

"Hi." He responded. He pulled her in for a kiss and I made a gag motion that put a smile on my moms lips.

"Thanks for introducing us, Jenna." Damon said.

Damon and I walked off after he said this.

"Damon, Nora." Mrs. Lockwood greets when she sees that we're walking up to her.

"Carol." Damon greeted her back.

"What a surprise."

"Hi." Damon says giving her a kiss on the cheek. She turns to me and grabs my hand in hers.

"Nora, lovely to see you again!" she smiled and I return it, just with a fake one. I didn't like her much. She seemed as fake as plastic, press-on nails.

"Elijah." She says. "I want you to meet Damon Salvatore and Nora sommers." She put a hand up gesturing between us. "Damon's Family is one of the Mystic Falls founding families."

"Mm-mm." Damon nodded his head.

I just stand there silently. Like usual, Well, at least whenever I'm "graced" with the presence of a thousand year old vampires who could kill me with a simple flick of his wrist.

"Such a pleasure to meet you." Damon says to the original, acting as if they've never meet before.

"No, pleasures mine." Elijah replied. They awkwardly shake hands. I'm surprised carol didn't pick up on this awkward tension.