S E V E N

7 | Werewolf bite

A small gaps escaped Elena's lips.

I stood there with wide eyes, looking at the original vampire who was supposed to be dead. "Hey, I'm Elijah." He introduced himself as if we haven't met already.

"Elijahs in town doing research on mystic falls." Jenna says taking the boxes from us and placing them on a wooden table.

Elijah walks towards us with a smile. "It's a pleasure."

"So, you know your welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff, or the girls and I could help you load it into your car." The blonde offers.

"Yeah, or I can get someone to pick it up tomorrow."

"Also a good plan." My mother nods her head.

"Thank you so much for inviting me into your home, Jenna." He says and walks towards the door with Jenna following behind him.

"Oh and Elena, Nora, I hope to see you again soon." Elijah says. Great, so now he's been invited into our house. He went out the door and Elena and I gave each other a glance and rushed up the stairs to Jermey's door.

Once we stood outside of the teens door Elena quickly knocked on the hard wood.

Elijah sped over and grabbed Elenas wrist and let go and sped towards the corner besides us to our left when Jermey opened the door. He held a finger up to his mouth signaling to not say anything to the boy.

"What is it?" Jermey asked taking off his headphones and letting them fall on his shoulders.

"Uh, my mom was just asking us to get you to help her with the boxes." I quickly lied.

"Oh, Yeah." Jermey said walking right past Elijah and down the steps without even seeing the vampire.

"That was a wise choice" Elijah walked towards us.

"What do you want?" Elena said.

"I think it's time us three had a little chat." He smiles.

The three of us were now in Elena's room. Elijah was sitting on her windowsill seat. I sat on the edge of my cousins bed and she stood up close to me. "Oh, forgive the intrusion. I mean your family no harm."

"Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?" Elena ask. I spun my head to look at her.

"What!" I asked quietly. "What vampires?" I cannot believe she didn't tell me about this. I knew she wasn't entirely honest with me when she got home.

"I'll tell you later." Elena glanced at me and then looked back to Elijah.

"You better." I mumble.

"Because I didn't want you to be taken." Elijah answered the doppelgangers question.

Elena gives him a 'wait what' look. "Klaus is the most feared and hated of the originals, but those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word got out that the doppelgänge exists there will be a line of vampires eager to take you to him, and I can't have that."

"Isn't that what you exactly trying to do?" Elena says confused.

"let's just say that my goal is not to break the curse."

That seemed to be the most popular goal these past couple days.

"So what is your goal?" I ask from the spot on Elenas bed.

"Klaus obsessions have made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trust only those in his immediate circle."

"Like you?" Elena asked.

"Not anymore." He shakes his head.

"You don't know where he is, do you?" Elena says. She nods her head, looking at Elijah sternly. "So you're trying to use me to draw him out?" She crosses her arms.

"Well, to do that, I need you to stay put and stop trying to get yourself killed."

I agree. Stop trying to get yourself killed Elena.

"How do I know that you're telling the truth?" Elena remarked.

"Well, if I wasn't being truthful, all your family would be dead and I'd be taking you two to Klaus right now." Elijah tilts his head and Elena steals a glance towards my direction.

How Lovely is that?

"Instead, I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you a deal."

"What kind of deal?"

"Do nothing." He said standing up. "Do nothing, live your life. Stop fighting. And then when the time is right, you two and I shall draw Klaus out together and I shall make certain that your friends remain unharmed."

"And then what?" Elena asked.

"Then, I kill him." He says, very straight forward.

"Just like that?" Elena says.

"Just like that." Elijah reassures. "I'm a man of my word Elena, I make a deal. I keep a deal."

"How are you going to be able to keep everybody safe?"

"You know, I noticed that you have a friend, Bonnie, is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends with similar gifts."

I nod, "so, you know witches."

"Together we can protect everybody that matters to you. So do we have a deal?" Elijah asks.

"I need you to do one more thing for me." The brunette requested.

"We're negotiating now?"

Beep beep beep

I hear my alarm go off. I groan and turn around slamming my hand on the off button. I pull my self up in a sitting position and rub my eyes throwing the covers off me and dragging myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I walk out of the bathroom and head to my closet and pick out the outfit of the day. I then went to brush my hair and decided to leave it down today, like any other day. I grab my keys and bag and head to school.

I stop at my locker and put my things inside. I only take out my books for my first class and my stuff like my phone, pencils, folders, etc. I push my locker shut and head off to my first class.

History.

I notice Elena wasn't in first period. But maybe she was just late or sick, just maybe. When first period ended I walked up to Alaric's desk. "Hey, do you know where Elena is?"

"No, sorry Nora." He says.

"It's ok, I'll call her I guess" He nods and I walk out and to my locker. I grab all my stuff for second period and call Elena.

"Hey."

"Um, where are you?" I asked her.

"I'm with rose, she's gotten bite bye a werewolf."

"Oh gosh is she. . ." I hoped she would get where I was going.

"Not yet, no, but don't worry just after school go home, ok?"

"Yeah ok, Bye Lena." I say and hang up waking to my second period. Although Rose being on her death bed kept my mind quite occupied for the rest of the day.