T H R E E

3 | Elijah

When I awoke, it was all due to a male voice speaking, or rather hushing something, or someone.

"Please, I'm hurt." I recognized that voice fairly quickly. I sat up, opening my eyes slowly. Due to the brightness in the room, I was forced to squint my eyes and let them focus.

When they adjusted, my head spun around, taking in my current surroundings.

I was sitting down on a ragged, maroon couch. There were slashes on parts of the couch, and a chunk missing at the end, by my feet. I was in an even more ragged house. From the peeling wallpaper to the rotting floorboards, it's was messed up.

I turned my head to my right and saw Elena laying on a couch. There was a small amount of blood on her wrist. Her dark hair was sprawled out, some small strands of her hair sticking to the sides of her face due to sweat.

In front of her stood a guy. His hair was a sandy blonde color, and he was not at all attractive— that's besides the point— he crouched down to her. The man started to untie her wrists slowly. "What do you want?" Elena gasped.

"Shh." He shushed her again.

"Please, I'm hurt." She repeated.

"I know." He says, looking at her like she was food, and she might just be. "Just a taste." The guy leaned in and tried to sink his fangs in her neck.

"Trevor!" A woman yells, walking into the room. "Control yourself!" She looks over to Elena. The guy, supposedly named Trevor, gets off the couch mumbling 'buzzkill', and walked out of the room leaving Elena, myself, and the short-haired woman.

"What do you want with us?" Elena gulped, looking over to me. I averted her gaze at looked to the woman who was standing up, and she did not look as if she did wanted to be here right now. I know I certainly didn't.

"My god, you look just like her." She spoke breathlessly and walked over to Elena, examining her looks. Katherine, I've heard that name too many times this month.

"But I'm not! Please whatever you want-"

"Be quiet!" The woman snaps.

"But I'm not Katherine!" Elena shouted. "My name is Elena Gilbert, you don't have to do this." Elena got up off the couch and walked to the woman.

"I know who you are, I said be quiet." The woman got easily annoyed. By what I could tell, these people were vampires, and they were old, at least six-hundred years old. Perhaps if they were way younger I could take a chance at attacking them, but I'd rather not take my chances.

Unlike my suicidal cousin, I quite liked my life.

"What do you want?" Elena asked again. The woman raise her hand and smacked Elena, causing her to fall back onto the dark couch, knocked unconscious.

I can't say I was surprised.

"I want you to be quiet." She scolded and looked towards me. "I'm not allowed to hurt you, so please don't test me."

I nod my head.

The woman turned and walked out of the room. I quickly stood up and made my way towards Elena. I sat on the couch beside her, grabbed her shoulders, and shook her.

"Elena." I whisper-shout frustratedly. Eventually, she started to stir.

Elena opened her eyes and slowly pushed herself up, blinking. "—so you called him?" We heard Trevor say from the other room.

"No. I called one of his contacts. You know how this works." She responded, her whisper so sharp it almost sounded like a hiss. It made me raise my brow, we clearly know who's the boss of the two.