F O U R

4 | the original

Elena started pacing small circles in the room after she left. She stopped and looked up, same as I did, when we saw a man.

He didn't look as scary as I had thought. He had light brown hair and was wearing a suit. He was actually quite hot— but that was not something I'd ever say out loud. I wouldn't mind being killed by him, hopefully he'd drain me of my blood.

Oh my god, Nora, shut up.

When he saw Elena he stopped in his tracks. He wasted no time in speeding towards her making her take a step back. He leaned down to her neck, smelling her? Elena's eyes snapped shut and she tried her best to not shake in fear.

"Human." The man said as his head rose to look at her."It's impossible. Hello there."

Elena was now shaking pretty bad, my body was shaking slightly, but not as much as hers. I was still indeed very scared.

I stepped back, making the slightest sound and he turned his head towards me. His eyes seemed to widen in shocked and sped towards me. I just stood in my spot, frozen.

My turn.

Damnit.

"Incredible, you look exactly like to paintings." He looked at me from head to toe in shock. He turned from me and walked towards Rose and Trevor.

What?

What fucking paintings?

I scurried over to Elena who was looking at the short-haired women. I stood behind Elena, using her as some sort of shield. I started to pick at my nails without looking down, sighing I would have to repaint them if I even got to go home.

"Well, we have a long journey ahead of us, we should be going." Elijah said.

Elena's eyes widened and she shook her head, sending a pleading look to Rose. "Please don't let him take us."

"One last piece of business, then we're done." Elijah said and made his way towards Trevor.

"I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly, very sorry." Trevor spoke slowly and clearly, averting the originals gaze and looked down to the hard wood floor.

"Oh no, your apology is not necessary." Elijah walked around him, circling him like a predator to its prey. His moves were taunts, he wanted this Trevor man to be scared, I knew that much.

"Yes, yes it is." Trevor nodded. "You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you." Roses eyes fell to the ground.

"Oh yes, you are the guilty one, and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you. That, I honor. Where was your loyalty?"

"I beg your forgiveness."

"So granted." Elijah said. And I knew something was going to happen so I put my head on Elenas chest so I couldn't see. She held me close, mostly because she was scared herself and wanted to feel some sort of comfort.

I heard a loud thud and I could hear a female crying. "You-" Rose began to say.

"Don't, Rose. Now that you are free." Elijah fixed his suit. Trevors head-less body was now laying on the floor, his head sitting nearby, making me want to throw up.

"Come." Elijah ordered walking towards Elena and me.

"No, what about the moonstone?" Said Elena desperately.

"Elena!" I whispered. Is she really that daft? If she told him where the moonstone was he could still take us and know where the moonstone was.

But then again, whatever it takes to stall the man.