N I N E

9 | Dinner party

"Hey, wake up." Someone shook me awake. My eyes slowly opened and I looked up to see my mother peering down at me.

"What, mom?" I groan. I tired to open my eyes but they still felt heavy with sleep, so I just closed them and waited for her to speak.

"I have a question." She whispers.

"Fire away." I mumble, sleepily.

"Do you want to come with me and give Elijah a little tour around mystic falls?"

"A tour of what, exactly?" I reply confused. There was nothing in mystic falls that anyone could really be interested in. It was a small town with not a lot to do. "What's there to see. . . that's interesting?"

"We have a few historical sites. I wouldn't expect you to know that, though, you barely ever leave the house."

"Rude. But, sure." I sat up and rubbed my eyes. There really wasn't a choice. There was no way I was going to let my mother, a human, go by herself to meet an ancient vampire. Not that a werwolf would do much better again one.

"Ok, we leave in fifteen minutes." She told me and left my room swiftly. I hopped up and didn't bother to shut my door and instead I hurried into the bathroom. I absolutely despise morning showers but I didn't exactly feel clean.

Whilst in the shower I to think back to my dream. I knew I had one, it screwed with me as I couldn't remember what it was. It almost felt like a warning, but I didn't know that warning because I couldn't remember it and oh boy was it getting under my skin.

After a few moments I start to wash my hair, and my and step out. I fold a towel around me and walk over to my closet. I looked at the time and it had only been, incredibly, five minutes.

I dressed myself in an outfit and then quickly blow dried my hair. Once I was done I turned it off and unplugged it and put my phone in my pocket and walked downstairs.

"Ready?" My mom asked me as she got up off the couch and grabbed for her purse.

"Yep." I yawned and walked with her out to her car.

We were five minutes into the drive, almost there. "So. . ." My mom says turning down the music and looking towards me for a minute.

"So. . .?" I copy her words.

"Any special guys in your life?" She asks me and I frown.

"Um, no." I shake my head. Where was this coming from? She never asked about anything relationship-wise, stating her love life was horrible and they all ended in tragedy.

"So. . . what about Damon?" She asks again.

"Oh, god no." I felt revolted. "He's my friend, nothing more. Besides, Andie is his. . . girlfriend." It came out more of a question, but my mother didn't notice my tone.

"Are you sure? You'd be cu-" I cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"Friends, mom. Friends. And he's like a hundred years older than me." I said. I internally shivered, just the thought of me dating Damon— gross.

"Mmkay." She hummed and took a left.

Slowly, we pulled into a somewhat empty parking lot by the edge of town. There was only around three cars parked and it was because of the shops not far from the parking lot, but we parked closer to where the start of the woods and clearings began.

————

Elijah, my mother, and I were walking deeper into the woods. The spot we came to stand in was beautiful. It was a large clearing, thick trees surrounded us, the green leaves blowing in the wind. "The old fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." My mother raised her hand and pointed in the direction of an old, white, picket fence.