T W E N T Y E I G H T

28 | No one tells me anything

I kept tossing and turning all night long. It wasn't because it was hot or cold, it was because of Klaus. I couldn't stop thinking about him and it was making me so mad. He was now in my head twenty-four seven.

After what felt like ages off tossing and turning for hours, I had finally managed to get some shut-eye.

"I don't want too mom," a little girl with auburn hair said.

"Yes, hope, you have too." I said as I pushed her hair back behind her ear.

"Why?" She asked as a tear slipped down her face.

"You'll make so many new friends." I smile

"I don't want to leave you and dad." She wrapped her arms around me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Aw, my love, I promise we'll visit whenever you want."

"Promise?" The little girl said, holding out her pinky.

"Promise." I intertwined our pinky's.

I woke up gasping. The dream came back to me and I furrowed my brows, that was an odd dream. I jumped when someone knocked on my door. "Hey can I come in?" It was Elena.

"Yeah." I called. She opened the door and walked in. She came over to my side and sat next to me on my bed.

"Do you want to come training with me at Alaric's apartment? I thought we could go together, you don't have to come if you don't want to."

"No, I'll go." I pushed the heavy covers off me and stood up, walking to my dresser.

"Did you get a tattoo?" She asked me ask I grabbed my leggings and a workout jacket.

"Uh, no? Why?" I asked her walking to the bathroom. She followed me and leaned up against the doorframe.

"Because you have something on your wrist." Elena pointed out, holding up my wrist for me to see.

I look at the mark and see a moon with the initials N.M.

"What the hell?" I tried to wipe it off. "It's not coming off?" I turned to Elena with confusion. "I didn't get a tattoo."

"Maybe you did but forgot. I'll be downstairs when your done." Elena says leaving my room.

"Elena how would I—" Never mind.

I shut my bathroom door and changed my clothes. I put my hair in a high ponytail and brushed my teeth. I didn't think twice about the freaky little tattoo. The last thing I needed was more drama.

———

"You're going to put a hole in that thing." Alaric said as Elena kicked the bag. Alaric grabbed the bag, stopping it. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about." Elena responded. "I didn't really sleep last night." She sighed, caving in at the last minute.

"Yeah, me neither." I said standing up and walking towards them. "I never got to ask you are you ok Alaric?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think the ring however, is running low on batteries." He joked.

"Yeah, it's another reason why Jermey has to get out of town." Elena said.

"Wait, what? Why does jermey have to leave town?" I asked Elena.

She turned to me "It's not safe." She kicked the bag one final time.

"Nice." Alaric commented. "Your getting stronger."

"Just channeling frustration." Elena Took off her gloves.

"I need coffee." I said randomly.

"Same." Elena said walking behind me.

"I guess Damon's compulsion worked. Jermey was packing earlier." Elena said to Alaric.

I turn around. "Wait, like he's actually leaving?"

Elena nodded.

"And no one told me!"

"Sorry I forgot." Elena looked at me with an apologetic look on her face.

"Well I need to go say goodbye then!" I rushed out of the apartment. I drove back to my house and ran to his room.

"Jer." I said out of breath, causing him to turn around.

"Nora." He spoke, still packing.

"Your were going to leave without telling your favorite cousin goodbye. I'm hurt." I sarcastically said, putting a hand over my heart. He laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

"I'll miss you, Jer." I said squeezing him tight.

"You've gottten stronger." He laughed pulling away.

"Hybrid, remember." It came out more bitter than I wanted it too.

"Right. I'll miss you too."

"Remember to call me at least once a month. That's an order." I raised my finger up to point at him.

"Okay, mom." he smiled. I winked playfully. I head back to my room to get ready for school.

———

Elena and me were decorating Caroline's locker for school when Bonnie showed up.

"Hey sorry I'm late. I, Uh, got held up." The young witch said holding a poster that said 'happy birthday Caroline' on it in colorful words.

"It's ok I just got here too." I was taping string to the blonde vampires locker.

"Can you pass me the balloons?" Elena asked Bonnie. She nodded handing the Balloons over to the brunette headed girl. "Thanks. What's got you running late?"

"I, Uh, was working with some new spells." The witch spoke, nodding her head and pulled up a small smile.

"Oh," Elena replied shortly.

"Elena. You should tell Bonnie." Elena nodded at my words and turned to her best friend. I already knew Bonnie would not be happy, I could just tell. I wasn't happy either.

"I should tell you this, and your not going to like it." The doppelganger said, thinking of how exactly to tell Bonnie.

"What happened?" She asked like she knew something would go wrong.

"Jermey is going to be leaving town for a while, he'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver until this whole Klaus thing blows over."

"Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with klaus on your own." Of course the Bennett witch knew that Jermey wouldn't just do that to his family or friends.

Elena nodded. "I know. I asked Damon to compel him."

Bonnie let out a scoff, "You what?" Bonnie face turned to anger within second of hearing her friends words, I could see her bit back an evil glare.

"I know, Bonnie but it's not safe for him here anymore leaving will give him a better life. The only reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really worked out your stuff. I kind of thought maybe you'd want to say goodbye."

Bonnie looked one more time at Elena and walked off towards where Jermey was at the end of the hall. Elena sighed putting her back against Caroline's locker.

"Hey it's gonna be ok." I said putting my arm on her shoulder. "She'll forgive you, but it was definitely not right of you to take away Jeremy's choice. But, maybe this might be good for him. It just wasn't the right thing to do." I walked away from her and headed to my first period.