T H I R T Y O N E

31 | Denver

"Ugh, I wish." Bonnie scoffed as Her, Elena, and myself were looking through papers of women with the name of Abigail, trying to find Bonnies mother.

Elena sent her a smile. Bonnie put her hands on the table. "How many of these are there?" The young witch complained.

"A lot." I say looking around to the piles of papers on the table. The white, thin papers were scattered all around are dinning table creating a large mess that she definitely wasn't going to clean up.

Bonnie nodded. "Thank you for helping me girls, I really do appreciate it."

"Don't thank us we owe you. You've put us before you self so many times. We owe you our lives." I smile at her.

It was true. Bonnie never put herself before others so that's why I felt bad about Elena sending Jermey away. She was happy with him. She deserves to be happy.

"It's surreal having to track down a woman who bailed on her own kid." Bonnie said putting another paper in our pile of 'not it'.

"You know you don't have to, right?" Elena raised a brow. "Yeah, let Stefan obsess over opening up the coffin. It doesn't have to fall on you."

"The coffin is spelled shut. That makes it a witch problem. So it does fall on me." She groaned. "I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later."

"Sooner," Damon said walking through our front door.

We all turned to him as he walked over to us. "Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina born in Mystic Falls hospital, graduated Mystic Falls high, blah blah blah." Damon handed Bonnie a file. "A little compulsion helps to speed up the research process."

"This is her?" Bonnie asked the vampire, looking up to him.

"Yep, a road trip. I call shotgun." Damon called.

"Yeah. No." Elena said.

"You want me to hang out with you in the back?" He pulled up a smirk.

"You're not coming, Damon." Elena started to stack up the papers.

"Why, I'm the one that found her!" He whined like a young child.

"Ok, Damon look. Bonnie hasn't seen her mom in over fifteen years, we don't need your snarky commentary narrating the experience."

"What's going on with you two?" Bonnie asked looking over to Elena.

"We kissed, now it's weird." Damon gave the witch a slight tilt of his head as he looked over to her.

"I'm going to my room I hope you find her Bon, if you need anything call me." I said walking up the stairs to my room.

I walked over to my bed and zipped the black suitcase shut. I was planning to go visit Jermey in Denver. While also visiting him, I could get a break from the Mystic falls drama.

"Hey Lena, I just wants to let you know that I'm planning on visiting Jermey. So don't freak out if I'm not at home." I let her a voice mall when I called her after an hour or so of counting to pack.

I then phoned the teenager himself. "Hey Jer. How are things?" I asked as he answered.

"Good how about things in the falls?" He asked.

"Good. I actually am planning to make a trip to see you."

"I"d love that." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Perfect. I'm packing right now so I'll be on the road soon. Text you when I arrive. Also text the address, please, see you soon." I said and hung up the phone.

———

I could see Jermey hitting baseballs as I walked over to him.

I sneakily snuck up behind him and scared him. He jumped up from the ground so high I could swear he was flying. "Nora." He hugged me.

I pulled away shortly.

"Ew. You're all sweaty." I teased. He laughed and went to put his Equipment away.

"So I'm quite hungry wanna go someplace to eat?" He asked me.

I nodded and we went to my car.

"We should probably stop by my hotel so you can take a shower. I need to grab something anyways."

"But I don't have any—"

I pulled out a bag and threw it to him. "Elena said you played baseball all the time so I knew you'd need those. You can thank my cousin super power," I laughed driving to my hotel room.

———

Jermey walked out now not-so sweaty anymore, thank god.

"Let's go to Arby's." I said standing up. "I've always wanted to try it but we don't have one in mystic falls." I placed my in my pocket as I grabbed my keys off the nightstand.

"Alright."

We got inside the car and drove off. "So tell me any friends?"

He nodded.

"I have quite a few not to brag." He said smiling.

I roll my eyes playfully.

"Names?" I asked.

"Leo and Jake." he answered.

I laughed. "And does Jake so happen to be a werewolf?"

He laughed and shook his head. "So no vampire Edward?" I fake pouted.

"Nope." He shook his head again with a grin.

"Damn, ok." I said jokingly. "Any girls?" I smirked, raising my eyebrows at Jermey. He laughed and replied with a no.

"Shame." I said.

"It's right here." Jermey said pointing to the right. I took a right and parked the car.

We hoped out.

I walked inside excitedly.

"Hello how can I help you?" The girl with short blond hair and dark red tips asked.

"Can I get a. . ." I skimmed through the menu, wanting to try something new for a change but decided against it. ". . .just a burger and fries."

"Um, fries and a roast beef burger." He told her. She smiled at him and nodded. Jermey handed out his card. But I gave mine to the girl instead.

"Jer, it's fine. I'm older, I'll pay."

He sighed and we took a seat waiting for our food. On our way I stumbled and lost balance. "Woah are you okay?" Jermey asked as he caught me.

In truth, I felt pretty weak.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

"Wait when was the last time you you know drank. . . " someone looked over at us listening in. "Your daily need of Tomato juice?"

"Last week." I anwsered.

He looked at me.

"Are you trying to desicate yourself?" I sighed and shook my head.

"I don't like to feed until I really absolutely a hundred percent need to. I don't want to take the risk of accidentally hurting someone. I'm not the best with my blood control. Yet. When I see blood I still get a little. . . Uneasy?"

"Well you need too. Vamps can't go long without blood."

"I know." I sat in the booth seat, sinking back.

"Order one hundred and two." The blonde women called out.

"I got it." He said standing up. After a few minutes later he came back. "Let's eat," he spoke and placed the food in-front of us.