E I G H T E E N

18 | As I lay dying

"I haven't been that way in a very long time." Stefan breathed out, seemingly panting on his position which was laying on the floor.

"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent I can use when Nora and the two of us leave this town." Klaus said.

My eyes widened. There was no way in hell I was leaving with him.

I snorted. "There's no way in hell I'm going with you. I'd rather slit my own throat."

"It's not an option, so I wouldn't worry much about it." Klaus gave me a smirk. "Katerina, come here." Klaus looked over to the dark haired girl. Katherine got up and slowly walked to Klaus and gave him her hand as he motioned. His hybrid face slowly appeared as he bite into her wrist.

Katherine bent forward, a hiss of pain leaving her lips. She ripped her hand away, panic overtaking her features. "Oh, no, no, no!" She cried, holding her arm.

Klaus but into her wrist and grabbed Katherine again, forcing the younger vampire to drink. We all watched as the mark on her arm slowly disappeared.

"You want your cure? There it is." Klaus held a proud look.

"Your blood is the cure." I thought aloud.

"Gotta love Mother Nature." He said looking at me, or should I said admiring me. It was kind of creepy.

"Now, let's talk you and I." Klaus says toward Stefan. He sat on a stool and gestured for Stefan to sit beside him. Klaus grabbed a knife and cut his hand. He let his blood drip into a small vial he had pulled from his pocket.

"There it is. You want to save your brother? How about a decade long bender?" Klaus held up the vial of blood. Stefan looked at the blood.

"You know, I have big plans for you, when we leave town." The smirk on the hybrids face wasn't disappearing.

"I'm not like that anymore." Stefan said lowly.

"Well, that's to bad." He said and slowly tilted the vial over the sink, pouring the blood out. "You would have made a hell of a wingman."

"Wait." Stefan called out so slowly and quietly, if I didn't have my wolf hearing I wouldn't be able to hear it at all. Klaus stops pouring the blood and looks up at Stefan.

"Now that's more like it. I want you to join me for a drink." Klaus slid Stefan a blood bag.

———

Stefan was now on his eighth blood bag. Katherine and I were sitting on the couch watching Klaus torture Stefan with this. I felt so bad for Stefan, he fought for so long and now Klaus was making him do this.

Klaus goes to hand Stefan another blood bag but I stop him. "No." I stood up from the couch and walked over to Klaus, ripping the blood bag from his hand. "No more. Give him the vial. Now."

"Not until we make a deal." Klaus said, looking down at Stefan. He was on the floor, his mouth was covered in blood, and bags surrounded him.

"It's your choice Stefan. You can ethier remain here living your life in mystic falls, or you can embrace what you truly are. Leave town with Nora and me, and save your brothers life."

My eyes flicked down to Stefans. Hesitantly, Stefan nodded his head. He sucked in a breath, and then nodded again. "I'll— I'll do it. I'll go with you."

A grin spread on the hybrids face. "That's the spirit."

"Sweetheart." Klaus to Katherine. She slowly got up from her place on the couch and walked to him. He turned away and I could see the glares she was shooting at him.

Klaus grabbed the cure from the table and walked over to her, "Take this over to Damon and come right back." He compelled her.

"You want me to leave?"

She looked over in my direction and slowly nodded. She would make sure it got to Damon.

"And if I were you-" Klaus says but she already sped out the door.

"She'll never take it to him." Stefan said in disbelief.

"Yes, she will." I stared at the open door.

———

The three of us are now in a warehouse while Klaus stand over a grey, vainy Elijah. Not by choice, though. I put up a hell of a fight, definitely got some of my anger out on him. Let's just say there was a lot of blood, and it wasn't mine.

He shut the door to the coffin Elijah was currently residing in. "I suppose, brother, you've been reunited with our family. Put him with the others. We'll be leaving tonight."

Stefan looks to me. "Elena said that Damon got the cure, he's gonna be alright."

I nod, "Told you."

"So, did Katerina make it in time?" Klaus asks looking at the two of us.

"You won't be seeing her again, you know." Stefan says, pointing out the obvious.

"Because she's on vervain? I've been around a long time, Stefan. I rarely get played for a fool."

"Are we done here, can we go?" I ask growing tired.

"Not quite, love, I have a gift for Stefan to make sure he honers our deal. Come here sweetheart, don't be afraid." Klaus called out into the warehouse. Then a blonde girl comes walking around the corner shaking.

"That you will be of use to me." Klaus said pushing the girls hair back, exposing her neck. Veins started to appear under his eyes and he bit into her neck.

"I could have compelled her, but a real ripper enjoys the hunt." Klaus smirks as he pushes the girl away causing her to run screaming with blood dripping down her neck.

Stefans eyes change darkly as he speds after the girl leaving Klaus and I alone. He wipes the blood from his mouth and makes his way towards me.

"Now you, love." he says. He grabs my arms. Pushing me to the wall behind me and lifting my chin up to his eyes so we're making contact.

I ripped my head away from him, making my gaze go to the ground. He didn't like that, he grabbed me by my chin and forced me to look up into his eyes until I closed them. "Nora your making this more difficult than it needs to be."

"Clearly I don't really care."

"If you don't do as I say I will be forced to do something that you wouldn't want. Like killing someone in whom you care for? That Blonde girl, Caroline would do just fine, wouldn't she?"

Hesitantly I opened my eyes. What could happen? And then I wasn't there in that warehouse anymore I wasn't aware of my surroundings. I was pulled into nothingness until I felt my eyes grow yellow, and his did too.

After it stopped I was left confused. "What the hell did you just do?"

"Don't worry about it now, darling." He let go of his grip on me and noticed Stefan coming.

I glared at him and pushed him off me, and kicked his leg, snapping it. He groaned in pain. "I thought you got all your anger out earlier."

I let out a humorless laugh. "You killed my mother, you really think beating you up a couple of times is going to 'get all my anger out'?" For good measure, I kicked his other leg, snapping that one as well.