F O U R T Y S E V E N

47 | The killer

"Answer me, Jeremy!" I shouted at my phone before aggressively pressing down on the red hang up button. I shoved my phone into my pockets and let my arms fall dramatically to my side.

I stepped into the Mystic Grill and looked around to see Matt, Jermey, and April sitting at a table. Then I noticed a man standing some feet away from them. That was him.

"You must be the hybrids girl," he smirked.

"Nora will do just fine. What the hell is going on?" I looked over at Jeremy. Without a second thought, I sped over to him and knocked him back on his feet. Quicker than I would have thought from a hunter, he was up on his feet and grabbed me by my neck, attempting to slam my head down on the table.

I grabbed both his arms and twisted them behind his back, and kicked down on his legs as hard as I could. He let out a groan of pain but before I could do anything, something was slammed into my leg and I blacked out.

You're so dead, man.

I woke up with a pounding headache and looked around to see myself sitting in the back room of the grill. "What's going on?" I mumble, sitting up. My hands went to my head instantly and rubbed my temple.

They ignored me.

I watched as Matt looked for ways out. "We're getting out of here." The way he spoke was more directed to April who was shaking, sitting against a silver shelf. Her feet were pulled up to her chest and she was on the very verge of tears.

"What is that?" April questions. I looked over to Jeremy and he was pushing something out of the way.

"There used to be an exit through the old wine cellar. They bricked it over." The blonde human let out a frustrated sigh.

"So that's it then, we're screwed?" April said, tears were glistening in her dark eyes. Her voice seemed weak, but she held her emotions in well.

"It's not over, someone will come for us." I said scooting over to comfort April. The black-haired girl didn't mind this, she seemed to feel safer with me then the two boys looking for a way out.

"No, we're not screwed." Said Matt turning and working at something else. Matt began pounding the cement with a hammer he had picked up a few moments ago.

Matt got back up from the ground, then from the front we heard a loud boom causing me and April to sit up from the floor. "What the hell was that?" I questioned, moving closer to the two doors but April held me back, silently begging me not to go.

It was then that I felt April take some steps back and then screamed. Stefan was standing in-front of me, his lips up to his mouth signaling to be quiet.

Stefan handed me a phone with a map on it. "Follow this map. Get her out, Nora you know what to do." Stefan said, it was obvious he was talking about my compulsion. I nodded and took April, leading her out.

"Stefan, the guys armed." I warned Stefan only nodded and we went back out the tunnel.

"If you go out ther-" I heard Matt say but I didn't focus on the rest. We finally got led away from the grill and were now standing in the middle of the woods.

I grabbed onto April and sped her to her house. "Oh my god, how did you do that?!" She freaked out and turned to me with wide eyes.

"You're just gonna forget." I mumble and let go of her.
"You're going to forget what happened and that supernatural exists, you just went for a walk outside. It was a nice walk and you're very tried. Go get some rest, you're going to have a very lovely dream." I compelled her and she nodded and walked inside.