S I X T E E N

16 | The sun also rises

As soon as I reached my house I rushed inside and looked around. The lights were on, yet there was absolutely no one in sight.

"Mom." I yelled out, however, there was no reply. "Hello, anyone home?"

No reply again.

I checked all of the rooms in the house and when I couldn't find her my throat ran dry, where was she? I tried my best to calm myself but there was a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and it wouldn't go away.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I brought it in my sight. It was a no caller ID.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone as I brought it up to my ear, nervously bitting down on my lip. I swallowed to try and remove the dryness to my throat.

"Nora, its me Katherine."

"Oh, Katherine? What's going on?" I asked her pacing back and forth In-front of the door.

"I'm so sorry little one, but Klaus made me lure your mom out and now he has her, he's using her as the vampire in the ritual."

"What? Why the hell didn't you tell me earlier when I was at the apartment!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't have the courage to tell you in person. I know, I'm a coward. I'm sorry, I truly am, Nora."

"Katherine pierce not having courage?" I almost laughed.

My heart starting racing and the room temperature definitely increased by a hundred percent. I gulped and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Where are they? Do you know where they are?" I rambled shortly.

She sighed, "If I tell you, you must be careful. Don't go running in there like some sort of hero."

"Okay." I agreed and listened silently as she told me the location of where my mother was.

——-

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me but when I saw the dark hair of my cousin I ran even faster if that was possible. I stopped only for a couple seconds when I noticed a dark head of curly hair.

A witch, she must be.

"Mom!" I shouted as I saw the blonde of her hair. She was laying up on the floor. I closed the distance between us and continued running to her.

"Hey, hey, Jenna, Jenna." Elena shook her, trying to wake her up.

"Mom wake up!" I begged letting myself fall to the floor. I reached two fingers up to her neck and searched for a pulse.

There wasn't one.

"No. This can't be happening." I shook my head. I couldn't loose my Mom.

"Oh my god, Jenna no." Elena noticed how my face dropped as I brought my hand away from her neck and back to me.

Elena turns to the witch, "He killed her? Why? I did everything I was asked." Elena cried. Just then Jenna gets up gasping for air, placing her hands on the grass below her.

"She's not dead." The witch stated. Right thanks for telling me as if I couldn't see my mom gasping for air, I thought sarcastically.

"She's in transition." The witch smiled, a Devilish smile. Why did the universe hate me?

——-

"I should have realized it wasn't you." Jenna said and tears grazed her eyes. "The second I walked out of the house someone grabbed me, a vampire."