T H I R T Y E I G H T

38 | White oak

"What are we doing here?" I asked looking around. The whole squad except Bonnie was here.

"We found some more white oak. Long story. Wait for the movie." Damon said.

"Hang on. White oak? We have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" Elena said making my stomach turn, it made me feel uneasy.

"No. We all have a weapon." Stefan said throwing down a dark colored duffle bag of white oak stakes. There were at least twelve

"Klaus has always been one step ahead of us. But now we have the advantage. We're armed and they're all linked. Meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity." Stefan speaks.

"Scenario number one, you are to play Klaus—"Damon said taking Elena and moving her to the center of the circle we were standing in.

"Ok." Elena said, annoyed at him moving her.

"Rebekah is our target. So we will distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied." Stefan says.

"Nora." Stefan said looking towards me.

"Why do I have to be Klaus bate?" I whined, crossing my arms.

"Because he's obsessed with you. But for right now we need you to play Rebekah. We will use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking." Damon said.

"How?" Matt asked.

"Act interested. She's lonely, desperate." Damon replied.

"Don't be a jerk Damon." I said rolling my eyes.

"Clearly, she sleep with you." Caroline remarked on Damon's comment causing me to laugh.

"Beefcake holds bombshell, I'll come up from behind her, grab her arms like this." Damon says taking my hands and placing them behind my back. "Which give me one shot." Stefan said.

"Got it. Good." Stefan says as I shove Damon off me. He smirked walking back to Stefan. "So we all have one stake. We keep it hidden. I will look out for any opportunity we have."

"No last minute attacks of pity for any of them." Damon says looking at Elena.

"Don't worry about me." Elena started. "Not after what happened to Bonnies mom."

Damon nodded.

———

A day has passed and I had to tell Rebekah about the plan. Some guilt was eating me away and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I sped to the mikaelson house and walked inside looking for Rebekah. I found her in a room watching Damon, who was handing from the ceiling attached to bear traps.

"Well, not what I was expecting." I spoke, walking closer to the blonde. She smiled seeing me.

"Well I had some unfinished business with Damon and now I'm finishing it." She said.

"I need to tell you something." She look at me and let me know to go on. Damon looked up at me with a look. I sighed knowing no possible way this would end good. "They found white oaks and everyone had one. Except for Bonnie."

"Do you have one?" She asked. I nodded and pulled mine out handing it to her as she smiled.

"Really, Nora?" Damon groaned in pain. Rebekah grabbed a knife and started walking around him.

"Sorry." I shrugged, not feeling sorry at all. The pressure of whatever was weighing on me and once I told Rebekah, I felt immensely better.

Rebekah walked around Damon with the knife in her hand. "We should probably stick to the major arteries." Rebekah said slicing his throat.