S E V E N T E E N

17 | Cure

I was sitting inside my house, Alongside Bonnie. "Did you get anything? Did it work?" Eagerly, I asked the Bennett witch.

"You're lucky the witches like you." Bonnie smiled. "But there's one problem about where the cure is."

"What?" What could possibly be so bad as to where it is? A lot of places, actually.

She takes a minute before answering. "Klaus has the cure."

"Well, isn't that just great?" I mumbled sarcastically with a roll of my eyes. "Thank you for your help. It means a lot to me, Bonnie."

"Of course. I'm sorry about your mom." She pulled me into a hug and I accepted it, wrapping my hands around her neck and holding her close to me.

"I'm gonna get some air. I need to get out of here, it's too stuffy." I stood up from my place on the ground and stretched out my arms.

"See you soon." Bonnie says.

"See you soon." I responded

After deciding I wanted to take a walk to the Mystic grill, I decided that I would take a short cut. The short cut would only make the walk five minutes which was a lot less time than any other route. And I was feeling lazy, so any amount of time I didn't have to walk, I'd take it.

When I reached the bridge, I stopped. There was always something different about this bridge than anywhere else in Mystic Falls. I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with my aunt and uncle dying here.

I walked over to the middle of the bridge and turned so my stomach pressed against the stone railing. I leaned against it, breathing in the air. Although the sun was high in the sky and shinning brightly, it felt a bit chilly.

A snap of a twig was heard, and my body tensed. I turned around, my back pressing against the railing as I looked around me.

Oh hell no.

I began to walk again, taking in my surroundings ever so often. After a minute I heard something that made me stop, a voice this time. "Funny seeing you here, love."

Klaus.

Wonderful! I was in in a forest— alone— with a thousand year old vampire-hybrid thing.

"What do you want?" I said, taking a step back. My step back did no justice, because he just took a step closer towards me. My heart started to race, and I was sure he could beat it beating rapidly.

"I'm not here to hurt you." He said.

"Ha! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. What do you want?" I repeated. I was ready to run, but I knew even with my wolf speed I wouldn't have been able to outrun him. He'd catch me in no time.

In a blink of an eye, he was standing in front of me. He grabbed my forearms and yanked me against him. "You." Was all he said and then somehow, I felt myself falling asleep.

———

"Wakey Wakey." I hear a female voice say, laying next to me. Someone was messing with my hair.

"Mm." My eyes open slowly, and I'm face-to-face with Katherine Pierce. She's laying down beside me, a hand twirling pieces of my hair.

"Good morning, little one." She smiles.

"Where am I? What happened?" I yawned. She removed her hand and sat up. I followed her movements, sitting up beside her.

"Klaus brought you here and we're in the same place I've been for days. Alarics apartment."

"Alaric's apartment?" I repeated to myself.

"Yep."

"Is he—" I started to speak, but Katherine knew my exact question.

"Here? No, not at the moment but I'm sure he'll be back soon." Her jaw clenched and she looked away.

There was a series of knocks at the door that caught our attention. The both of us got up and left the bedroom. While Katherine went to the door, I plopped down on the couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table.

Katherine looked through the peep hole and her expression suddenly turns hopeful. She opened the door.

"Stefan?" I say in surprise. He turns to face me and I watched his face pale.

"Nora, what are you doing here? Everyone's been looking for you."

"No idea, all I know is Klaus kidnapped me." I shrugged.

Katherine moved to the side to let Stefan come in.

"Two days. I should be free of Klaus compulsion by now, he's supposed to be dead!" Katherine groans, narrowing her eyes at Stefan.

"We ran into complications." Stefan huffed.

"Complications?" Katherine questions.

"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him." Stefan says. "Do you have any idea where he might be?"

She takes him and speds him behind a wall. "Shh." She whispers. "Klaus your back." She walked around the wall where she first hid me however long ago that was. Klaus walks in the door, followed by Elijah.

Katherine pulls Stefan out of the corner and lightly pushed him back into the room. "Look who decided to come for a visit."

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus asks.

"I need your help, for my brother." Stefan says walking a couple steps towards Klaus.

"Well, whatever it is, he's gonna have to wait a tick, you see I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." Klaus replied.

Katherine walks over to me and sits down next to me. "You understand the importance of family or else you wouldn't be here, my brother gave me his word he would reunite me with my own." Elijah spoke.

I see Klaus grab a dagger and white oak ash. My eyes widened as I know what he was about to do.

"And so I shall." Klaus said right before he stabbed his brother in the heart with a dagger. I watched as the veins slowly went up Elijah body and he fell to the floor.

Klaus takes Stefan and speds him up against a wall. "Now what am I going to do with you?"

Klaus grabs something and stabs it into stefans chest, causing me to flinch. "Do you feel that, it's scraping against your heart. The smallest movement and your dead."

"He's just trying to help his brother." Katherine spoke.

"The witches said you had a cure." Stefan grunted looking at Klaus. "Make me a deal, give me the cure and I'll do whatever you want."

Klaus ripped the knife out of his chest and walked over to the counter and poured a glass of blood. Gross, I thought.

"Trouble is I don't know do you'd be any good to me, the way you are now. Your just a shy of useless." Klaus says taking a drink of the blood he just poured.

"I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. Nineteen-seventeen he went into Monterey and wiped out an entire migrant village. A true ripper." Klaus tilted his head. "Sound familiar?"