T W E N T Y F I V E

25 | Tatum

It's been two weeks and four days since the incident. After klaus compelled Stefan to kill Elena, he found out that Elenas blood was the key. So, like anyone else with their mind in tact, I bolted out of there while he wasn't looking.

Klaus has been gone looking for werewolf's and successfully turning them. While he had been gone, the gang, as I so call them, had been coming up with a plan. A plan to kill Klaus using his father.

I felt like it wasn't going to work. Or maybe I only felt that way because some part of me didn't want him to die. I wasn't sure why, but I was ninety-nine perfect sure it was because of what Gloria told me.

Out of seven billion people on this earth, of course I had to be selected to be some psychos soulmate.

I really thought I was off the hook now that Klaus was gone, and I could go back to my normal life. Perhaps he had just thought I was boring and wasn't worth it, but then as I entered my room, I found a note sitting on my desk that I picked up reluctantly.

Don't think you got out of it, I suppose I should finish step two later on. See you soon, darling -k

It was officially the day of Tatum's birthday and coincidentally homecoming. After two weeks of planning, and talking to her mother, I had decided what I was going to do. We would go out to lunch, and then we'd go to the mall.

It wasn't anything exactly special, but she was growing up and I realized I couldn't exactly dress her up in a princess outfit and take her to a jump house.

I grabbed my phone from its place on my nightstand and dialed the Oakley's number. It rang a couple times before Tatum's mother answered the phone. "Hey, Nora."

"Hey. Is she ready?"

"Yes. She's excited."

"I'm glad to hear that," I laughed. "It'll be nice to see her again. Everything in my life has been so hectic."

"I can understand. Well, I'll let you go. See you in a bit, dear."

I said goodbye and hung up the phone.

———

Standing in the Oakley's house sent a rush of déjà vu. I remembered dressing Tatum up, doing her make-up, and letting her do mine. I remember laughing as she chased me around the house.

Simple times. But times I seemed to miss the most. I shook the thoughts away. "There's my favorite teenager." I smiled, watching as Tatum walked down the stairs. A beautiful girl, she was, with long blonde hair, clear blue eyes framed around thick, dark lashes. "Ready to go?"

"Yup." She jumped down from the last step, causing her braid to fall off her shoulder and behind her back. She went over to say goodbye to her parents, and then we left.

"Have you ever been to the good place?" I asked Tatum as we got into my car. I buckled myself in as she answered.

"No."

"Good. Because that's where we're going." I started the car. "It's quite a drive, but it's right by the mall. It's new, they just opened it like, a week ago."

"I'm trusting you on this. They better have fries."

"Of course they'll have fries. Trust me, I made sure they did a couple of days ago."

"Good, good."

The drive was forty-five minutes. It was quicker than I had thought. The traffic wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be, and I could only hope it was the same on the way back.

The place was packed, but I had expected that. It was new, and the city we were in had a large number of people. People who all loved new things. With a little help from Damon, I was able to get a reservation.

The two of us walked side-by-side. An older woman with short, greying brown hair walked up to us, an iPad in her hand. "Hi. Name for reservation?"

"Nora sommers."

She clicked away, her press on nails making a loud noise as she clicked on buttons. "Okay. Follow me, please." She lead us to the back. A table away from the loud chatter. She placed two menu's down as we sat. "A waitress will come by any minute. Enjoy."

"Fancy." Tatum muttered as the woman walked away. She looked around, taking in the dark grey walls and the large, crystallized chandelier hanging up above us.

"I'll say." I grabbed the menu in front of me and flipped it open. They had a wide variety of foods and drinks.

"N," Tatum's eyes widened. "These prices are insane."

"Tat, don't worry about that." I shook my head. "Get what you want. Today is your day, and I'm here to spoil you."

Hesitantly, she looked down at her menu. A couple minutes later, a girl who looked around my age came to take our orders.

It was around three when we got done eating and were on our way to the mall. It was right across the street, so we just decided to walk. The mall was loud as we entered, and very cold.

Tatum looked around. From all the years of knowing her, I could safely say she was an observer. She liked to stay away from crowds, instead of being in them, she liked to study them.

"Where to first?"

Five stores later, my hands were full. She sure knew how to spend money. I shifted the bags uncomfortably in my hands. Something didn't feel right. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, goosebumps arising on my skin.

Someone was watching us.

I looked around, my eyes searching for who it could be. I saw no one. I looked down at Tatum, who was carrying three large bags, and she looked exhausted.

"Ready to go home?"

She nodded her head.

———

I drove home and tiredly opened the door. My feet were killing me. As I closed the front door I zipped my shoes off and threw them aside by the front door. I stopped by Elenas room to see her sleeping. I did the same to Jermey and he was up playing his game.

"Hey cus'." He noticed me leaning against the door.

"Hey I'm going to bed night, Jer. Just didn't want you to think I was dead."

"Glad your not. See you in the morning." He replied. I shut his door and walked across the hall to my room. I opened my door and closed it with a quick motion and stood at my dresser back facing the window taking off my necklace.

The only light in my room was from the moonlight casting shadows. I felt a light breeze blow my hair back.

I closed my window before I left.

I almost turned around right before I heard that voice, his voice.

"Hello, love."