T H I R T Y S E V E N

37 | 1912

"Ok, ok. I'm on my way." I said as I hung the phone up.

Sheriff Forbes called me saying Elena and Matt broke and entering. Fucking Matt. I left, Not bothering to change out of my outfit that I didn't bother to change out of after I had woken up.

I knocked on the door and the sheriff told me to come in. "Hey, Liz." I said before standing behind Elena in her chair.

"You mean this." Liz said holding up a piece of paper, returning back to their conversation after greeting me back.

"What is that?" I asked.

"A letter from the county corners office correcting the error in the time of death of Brian Walters. Meredith Fell received it today. She brought it to me several hours ago, Full of apologies for accusing an innocent man." Liz explained.

"Why would she have a copy hidden in her closet?" Matt asked.

"I can't ask those questions, Matt, because of the very fact that you broke into her home to find it. Do you know how much I'm already protecting the both of you?" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry." Elena breathed out.

"Just get out of my office and go home. Please." Liz said sitting down in her office chair.

I grabbed Elena and walked her to my car leaving Matt by himself. Elena opened the passenger seat door and got in. I slammed my door. "What the hell were you thinking Elena? Breaking into a damn house! Did you think you would have got away with it?" I pulled out of the driveway and began home.

"I just wanted to find out if she had anything to do with Ric." Elena said looking out the window.

"Okay, but you need to stop getting involved with everything. Not everything is yours to take care of." I said coming to a stop light. "You can't get away with everything."

———

Rebekah and I were at the whickery bridge for some rebuild or whatever. I didn't pay attention to the details. Rebekah and I, mostly Rebekah, were talking to the Mayor. The Mayor shortly left and went towards Damon, Alaric, and Meredith.

I noticed Damon leaving the two and going to some redhead. I nudged Rebekah causing her to turn. "Do you know who that is?" I asked pointing to the redhead Damon was talking two.

"Unfortunately. That bitch." She mumbled taking me and walking us over to sage. "Look what the cat dragged in." Rebekah commented as we approached the pair of vampires.

"Easy there Rebekah. You know she use to beat men for sport." Damon said.

"And I use to throw Jermey down the stairs for fun, it's not hard to beat men." I commented making Rebekah smirk.

"Sage was always quite common." Rebekah tilted her head.

"Rebekah, what a happy surprise." The red head was using a sarcastic tone.

"What are you doing here?" Rebekah asked.

"Well, I heard Finn was finally free from that casket your Rageaholic brother, Klaus, carted him around in."

"Oh, Finn. You just missed him. He left town and didn't tell a soul where he was going." Rebekah said.

"Oh, he was probably looking for me." She answered snarky.