F I V E

5 | Katerina

The next day after being kidnapped, Elena and myself stood outside of the boarding house. When Damon opened it, he nodded at the both of us in a greeting sort of way. "Nora, Elena."

"Where Stefan?" Elena asked as she walked past Damon inside, ignoring him completely.

"Right there." I pointe my pointer finger towards the area where Stefan was standing. I could sense there was more than two vampires in the room.

But who could the third vampire be?

We walked side-by-side to the living room when I froze seeing her. Rose.

That's who the third vampire was.

"What is she doing here?" I asked looking over to Damon with furrowed brows.

"Ok you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years." Rose began. Elena and I were seated upon a dark sofa, Stefan was sitting down on a chair, and Damon was leaning against a table. "And I don't know what's true and what's not true."

"That's the problem with all this vampire crap, but Klaus I know is real."

"And who exactly is this person?" I asked, glancing at the short-haired girl with a semi-interested look. She seemed nervous to even utter this supposed name, the speed of all her words didn't exactly help hide said emotion either.

"One of the originals. He's a legend." Damon answered, although sounding like he was mocking the title of the so called, original.

"What's an original?" I looked towards Damon with a questioning look.

"It's one of the first ever vampires." Stefan adds.

"To like. . . Exist? The very, very first?"

"Yes, Nora. Like ever." Damon responded shaking his head.

"So how far back are we talking?"

"Around a thousand years back, maybe." Rose told me. I nodded and started messing with the rings adorning my fingers.

"So an original, like Elijah?" Inquired Elena, awaiting someone to answer her question.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus, he was a foot soldier." She said. "Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan comments.

"Ok, so your saying the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me and Nora?" Elena asks.

"No."

"Yes."

Stefan and Rose said at the same time, leaving both girls confused.

"What there saying— I mean, if what she said is true . . ." Damon trials off, looking over to the older vampire in the room.

"Which it is." she says.

"And your not just saying it so we don't kill you . . ."

"Which I'm not." She reassured him almost sounding annoyed.

"Then we're looking at a solid. . . Maybe." Damon sighs slightly. Trouble could just never leave us alone. Maybe I should move to Bora Bora.

Welcome to mystic falls where you're more likely to die then graduate high school. That should be the new motto for this town.

"Wow I feel so much better." I sarcastically mumble under my breath. I flopped back against the couch and laid my head to the side, still keeping my eye on Rose.