T W E N T Y S I X

26 | Step 2

I froze and placed the necklace on my dresser and slowly turned around to face him. "Klaus."

I let out a false smile and went at a sprint for my door, but like I had thought, he was quicker and blocked me from leaving the room by standing right in-front of the door.

I backed away slowly. I could always go out the window, I thought, glancing at it for a second. "Your not seriously thinking about going out the window are you?" He raised a brow at me.

I scoffed. "Uh no, that's stupid." I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"You know, I really thought the bond was stronger. Strong enough to not have you get involved with plans that lead to my ultimate death, but I guess I was wrong."

Never thought I would hear the day Klaus Mikaelson would admit he was wrong.

I guess he's talking about his dad. The plan obviously failed. The whole "gang" as I call them, had found Klaus's dad or well, step-dad, I wasn't so sure, and were planning on using him to kill Klaus.

"I-I didn't know about that." I mentally groaned at myself. Stupid damn stuttering.

He let out a laugh. "Yes you did. I can tell when your lying." He stepped closer only for me to step back.

"So, I suppose we should strengthen the bond, step two. what do you say." he asked me taking another step towards me. I took a step back and another until I felt my back collide with my wall.

He sped in-front of me. "Why don't we just make a deal? I'll stop the gang from coming up with plans to kill you and you leave me alone? Sounds good, doesn't it?"

"They won't be able to kill my anyways, and don't think for a second I'll ever let you go. I've waited my entire life for you." He looked down at me and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up into his eyes.

It seemed that time stopped, I got lost in his eyes. I've read about this in books and never could believe how they explained it. Getting totally lost in one another's eyes it was like nothing was around, and you were in your own personal world.

At this moment, it was like he wasn't trying to kill my friends, like he didn't kill my mother, and that time felt wonderful.

His head lowered towards my neck and my eyes softly closed as I waited for the pain to come, but it never did. Instead, there was extreme pleasure.

I tilted my head back and he placed his hand on my waist. I felt my eyes grow heavy and my body felt weak. I was so tired, and so, I fell asleep.

———

"Mm." I groaned, covering my eyes with my comforter and rolled over to my side until I felt ready to sit up. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my phone to look at what time it was.

Two-thirty, P.M.

Oh lovely.

I turned my phone off and stood up, stretching my arms up in the air. There was a series of ringing before I grabbed my phone to see Elena was calling me.

"Hey, Elena, what's up?" I asked her yawning.

"Can you come down to the grill please?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure I'll be there in fifteen minutes tops." I hung up the phone and went over to my dresser pulling out an outfit.

I went into my bathroom and set the clothes down beside me on the sink. I look into my mirror my hair was all over the place. I let out a breath and that's when everything it me at once.