T W E N T Y T H R E E

23 | A bust of a prank might

When everything wasn't spinning I realized I was now in a moving car.

"Nora?" I heard Elenas voice from the passenger seat. She looked at me wide eyes and I looked at her with the same expression back.

"Elena? Damon? What did you do?" I pressed my back against the back seat.

"Uh, we rescued you from that psycho hybrid. Your welcome." Damon said snarkily. My heart was racing. I sure was not expecting that.

———

"Hey family." I said rather cheerful as I walked into the kitchen.

"Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine today," Jermey teased. "Why are you acting like that?"

I scoffed my eyes and walked to the fridge, opening it and grabbing out the carton of orange juice. I poured myself a glass, put the cap on the juice, and placed it back in the fridge. "Can't I just be happy?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "But, if you must know, I'm trying to come up with an idea for Tatum's thirteenth birthday party."

"Tatum?" Jermey raised a brow. "Isn't that the little girl you used to babysit?"

"Mhm. I haven't seen her in a while. . . what with everything going on." I took a sip from my glass. "And I just realized it's her birthday in a couple of days. I've got to plan something fun."

"Well, start planning tomorrow. Your mind has to be clear for when we go to the school later." Elena said, standing up from the table and placing her bowl in the sink, rinsing it.

"For what?"

She looked up. "For what?" She repeated, taken aback. "For senior prank night."

I groaned. "I don't wanna go. I already did that last year."

"Well maybe if you didn't get held back, Caroline wouldn't be forcing you to go." Jermey spoke up.

"You can't start talking about getting held back, Jermey Gilbert." I downed the rest of my juice and rinsed the cup. "If I must go," she sighed. "I will. I'm sure Caroline would just drag me by my hair, anyway."

"That's the spirit!"

———

The classroom door swung open and all the mouse traps went off followed by Matt turning on the light.

"Oh, come on Matt! Do you know how long these took to set up!" I whine flopping onto the chair beside me.

This took us two hours to do.

"Forget about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked tilting his head at the human.

"Clearly," Matt replied full of sweat.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year." Caroline exclaimed.

"Yeah, Matt if I'm doing this your doing this." Elena states.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." Matt looked at all of us in the room.

"Why, Matt? Why shouldn't we? Because there a big scary hybrid on the loose." I say throwing my hands up dramatically. If it wasn't clear I didn't like Matt.

"Play nice." Caroline warns me.

"Sorry, Care." I said getting up to leave.

"Wait where are you going?" Caroline asked me.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut, Lena you coming?" Elena nods and gets up to follow me out the door.

"Love you." Caroline shouts out after us.

"Love you too, care bear." I shout back.

Elena and I start laughing as we pass throught the doors. Well almost. "There's my girls," we heard the all to familiar English voice say. Our laughs and smirks dropped as they were replaced by fear.

Elena hurried grabs my hand and turns us around to run. Only to be stopped by Klaus. "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Klaus grabs both off our arms and drags us to looks of it, the gym.

"You put a rather large kink in my plan sweetheart, the whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids." Klaus said as Elena tries to struggle out of his grip which was know use cause he was what? A hundred times stronger than her. No joke.

"I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is it has something to do with the fact that your still breathing." Klaus says as we get closer to the gym.

"If you're going to kill me just do it!" Elena gets out.

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer." Klaus says as we enter the gym.

We bust through the doors to see people putting up plastic cups one the gym floor. "Attention seniors prank night is officially over you have been busted." Klaus says in a horrible accent like the one he did when we were looking for the werewolf.

As soon as everyone leaves he throws Elena forwards and Klaus hold onto me. He wraps one hand around my waist, securing me so I can't go anywhere.

Well, let the fun begin am I right?