T H I R T Y S I X

36 | Hidden secrets

I groan as I open my eyes only to be stopped by the sunlight burning my eyes. I lazily throw my comforter off my body and go downstairs.

I hear Elena and Damon talking about the original witch. "What about esther? What's going on?" I asked as I went to the coffee pot and poured some coffee.

"Nothing. But how are you feeling?" Elena asked me as I sat on the counter.

"Horrible, you?" I asked back.

"Uh, fine." She replies, obviously not fine.

"Somethings going on. What is it?" I asked her.

"Well," Elena begins.

Damon gave her a look. "Don't be mad. I accidentally broke your laptop." She lied.

"You wha— never mind I'll just compel myself a new one why not, I'm a vampire right." I mumble to myself.

Elena sighs. "Hey, it's ok. You're not the only one who's done something like that. You're not alone."

"No making me feel better, but thanks for trying. And anyways I'm the most sensitive vampire in the history of vampires." I say looking at the time.

"It's nine in the morning? What the hell." I grumble. "If any of you need me I'll be in my room watching scary movies. Suffering in self-sorrow. Don't bother me unless— yeah, just don't bother me."

I opened the freezer and grabbed my
ice-cream. "I will be going with this." I held it up while grabbing a spoon and walking to my room.

I shut my lights off. I press play on my movie. Annabelle to be precise, and snuggle up in my blanket eating my ice cream.

I finished my ice cream after two movies, out of four, and went downstairs to throw it away. I re-did my messy bun and walked back up to my room. I laid down after pressing play to my fifth movie. I slowly felt my self drifting to sleep.

I felt a movement on my bed that was me causing me to wake up. "Didn't mean to wake you, love," Klaus says from sitting at the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing here? Do you just sneak up into peoples rooms? Is that like, one of your hobbies?" I asked him sitting up in my bed.

"Yes, I rather enjoy it. I haven't seen you at all today, I was worried especially with what happened. I feared the worst." He said.

"Wait, what happened?" I asked confused.

"They didn't tell you?" Klaus asked.

I shook my head. "What didn't they tell me?" I was growing tired of this.

"Well my mother tried killing my family. Finn and my mother fled, your cousin was in on it. That about sums it up I believe."

"Why wouldn't Elena tell me?"

"Not sure, love." He responds.

I yawn. "You look tired. Go to bed." He said standing up but I grabbed his wrist making him turn back to me.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked him causing him to smirk.

"Of course." He said. I moved over so he could lay next to me. Once he was layed down I put my head on his chest and slowly and comfortably fell asleep.

I woke up around noon. I sat up and looked around to see Klaus was gone. I saw a note lying on my dresser causing me to get up and pick the note.

Elena was checking in on you, don't think you'd want her to see us, little wolf - N. M.

Ugh Elena. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed jeans and a black sweater. I brushed my hair and left it down. Then did my usual routine and went downstairs.

"Morning, Nora." I heard Elena says from the kitchen.

"You wanna know something? Last night I saw my laptop, and it wasn't broke." I said looking up to Elena to see her stuff.

"Oh, I thought I did it wasn't turning on when I used it." She lied, it was getting almost to easy for her to lie. Even though she wasn't that good at it. I guess I was just naive. Naive to trust my family.

"Really, 'cause I also heard about the plan, you know, about esther killing her kids." I said taking a bite out of the toast I took off Elenas plate. "Was that it?"

Elena sighed and nodded, looking down. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

I shook my head.

"Yeah. You should have. I've had it up to here about you leaving me in the dark." I said looking at her. Because next time if she was planning on killing Klaus I'd warn him, but she didn't have to know that.

"I promise." She said.

"Good." I said finishing my toast and went back up to my room. "I'm gonna be mad at you though. Just do you know. My grudges last at least four hundred and seventy business days."

"That's a. . . Rather specific number." I heard Elena mumble.

———

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and I picked it up to see Elena was calling. "Yes, my mothers sisters daughter?"

"Abbys going to complete her transition into a vampire." Elena told me.

My mouth fell a gap. Poor Bonnie.
"Oh," was all I could get out.

"Just thought on letting you know." Elena said before handing up.

I pulled out my phone to text bonnie. I sent the message. It said that I was sorry for her and if there was anything I could do to let me know. She reposted with a short thank you.

I didn't want to go over there. I knew her, and I knew she'd want to be left alone. But I planned on visiting her very soon.

———

"It probably for cut down," Mayor Lockwood said as Rebekah and I were sat in the mystic grill asking her questions. I looked up to see Damon and Stefan enter. Rebekah and Damon made eye contact Damon gave her a smirk as she gave one back

"Ew," I mumble as Rebekah laughs slightly.

"Do you happen to know the milling legends during that time period?" Rebekah asked.

"Back then, all the logging mills we're owned by the Salvatores." Mayor Lockwood says.

Rebekah slightly nods turning her direction to the Salvatores sitting by the bar. We thanked Carol and left to go to the brothers.

"Which Salvatore would that be?" Rebekah says as we stand behind them. Rebekah and me took a seat. "So Zacariah Salvatores was your nephew?" Weirdly they didn't seem to give me questioning looks as to why I was with Rebekah.

"Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil war. She had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead, family name had to go somewhere." Damon said.

"And your family owned the logging mills back then?" She asked.

"Your full of a lot of questions." Damon commented.

"I'm just researching the town history. I grew up here after all." Rebekah said.

"You know, you don't have to disguise you true motives blondie bex. If you want more sex just asked for it." Damon teased.

I scrunch up my nose. "Not enough liquor in the world." She remarked causing a laugh to escape my throat.

"And why might you be with an original vampire?" Stefan asked me.

"Because unlike some people she's fun to be around." I said looking at Stefan giving him a small smirk.

"I thought I was fun?" Damon said putting a hand to his heart.

"Nope. You're just annoying. So did they ever catch the killer?" I asked shifting my body to face Damon, changing the subject.

A/n

After I finish this book should I follow along into the originals? Let me know