T W E N T Y O N E

21 | The hybrid

We were currently walking, or hiking, up a mountain. Supposedly to find a pack of werewolf's. We've been at this for a long while and my legs are starting to kill me. Even though I was a werewolf my legs still wore out eventually.

"You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus taunted Stefan who has Ray draped over his shoulder.

"I'm fine." Stefan says.

"You sure about that you know we've been walking for quite some time now, if you need some water or a little sit down."

"You know, I get that we're, uh, stuck together but if we can maybe just skip the chitchat it'd be great." Stefan says.

"Yeah, honestly, can you just shut the hell up, I've got a headache." I groaned.

"So much brooding." Klaus starts.

"Ugh here we go again." I mumble under my breath as I pray we're close to the campsite because I could not stand another minute of the pairs bickering.

"Your self-loathing is suffocating you my friend."

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves, we've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal ray, we found ourselves a pack." Klaus says.

We come up to a campsite full of werewolves.

"Thank god." I say as I push passed them and sit down on a long stone type thing. Everyone stops what there doing and turns to look at us.

Stefan drops ray to the ground and off of his shoulder.

A woman with dark shoulder length hair comes running up to him. "Ray, oh my god!" She shouts. "What's going on?"

The woman looks up at Stefan, "Who are you?" She asks steadily.

"The important question is who am I." Klaus says walking up from behind Stefan so the woman could properly see him. "Please forgive the intrusion." Klaus says looking behind the woman to the blonde man behind her.

"My name is Klaus." He spoke. The man backs up as the woman stands.

"You're the hybrid." She says shakily. She walks back a couple of steps.

Klaus smiled evilly at them. "So you've heard of me, fantastic."

I roll my eyes.

———

Stefan and Klaus were now sitting where I was. Klaus was on my right and Stefan was on my left. Klaus was explaining how 'amazing' being a hybrid was.

"It's fascinating really. A werewolf isn't bound to the moon, and a vampire who dosnt burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

Just as Klaus finishes his sentence, Ray starts gasping for air rather dramatically. "Excellent timing ray." Klaus stood up.

"Very dramatic." I add looking around the woods, taking in the nature. It wasn't really that mesmerizing, just loads of trees and leaves.

I just can't wait for this summer to be over and then I can go back to my family.

"What's happing to me?" Ray gasps on the ground.

Klaus turned to Stefan, "Stefan."

Stefan gives out a little sigh and stands up. "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs some human blood to complete his transition into a vampire."

"Dosnt take much, just a sample anyone? A girlfriend, a boyfriend along for the ride?" Klaus says. He walks closer to the group and stops. He turns the the left side a little and says "you." towards a blonde man.