T W E N T Y

20 | Bar

I let out a very deep sigh as I pushed open the bar doors. It was getting late out, and cold. Goosebumps erupted on my skin when my hand had touched the cold metal of the door. Klaus had made me go in here and talk to Ray, or more so distract him so Stefan could compel everyone in the bar.

When Klaus woke up, to say he was furious was an understatement. Even more so when he realized I let the girls take the car.

My eyes scanned over everyone. There were many people, sitting, laughing, and drinking. I looked over to a man who was sitting at the bar, sipping on a glass of beer. I was guessing this was Ray, after all, there was no other werewolf in this horrid place that I could detect.

I made my way over, placing a sickly fake smile and sat down on the right bar stool next to him.

I knew he sensed my presence because as soon as I sat down, he turned around to face me. "Well, hello darlin', what's a pretty thing like you doing 'round here?"

I almost gagged.

I hated this.

I smiled. "Getting a drink," leaving ray to smirk. I turned around and rolled my eyes. I motioned for the bartender to get me a glass of something that had caught my eye and so he did.

"Ray. . . Ray Sutton?" I heard as I brought the cup to my mouth to take a drink of the liquid, watching Klaus and Ray interact with each other silently.

Ray looked at Klaus confused and wearily. "Who wants to know?"

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women and they lead me here to you." Ray furrowed his brows at the sudden information.

Ray got up, letting his hands fall to his side. "I think I'll be going."

"Not so fast, mate." Klaus says and catches Rays arm as he tries to walk past and leave. "You only just got here. Now your type are hard to come by."

Ray turns around trying to leave but bumped into Stefans chest. "Yeah, I wouldn't do that." Stefan brought his hands up to the werewolf's chest and pushed him back to Klaus.

I sighed once again and shifted my gaze to the worker who seemed unbothered. "Actually, can I have a lemonade?" I pushed away the half empty glass of alcohol away with a grimace.

"Vampires." Ray came to the realization.

"You're swifty swift Ray, yes my friend here is a vampire, where's my girl is a werewolf, he's compelled everyone in the bar, so don't look to them for any help." Klaus says.

"Ew, don't call me that or I'll stab you. Again." I smiled fondly at the memories of two weeks ago. I'd "accidentally" tripped and fell into him with a knife in my hand. That just happened to be a little over the size of a kitchen knife.

He narrowed his eyes at me before turning back to the werewolf. "I, however, I'm something else. A diffrent kind of monster. I've got some wolf. I've got some vampire." Klaus said.

"You what?" Ray asked confused.

"A hybrid Ray, I'm both." Klaus says. I pulled out my phone. Which Klaus didn't know I had. And I played a game being bored. I really couldn't care less at this point if he saw my phone.

———

I put my phone down on the counter and looked towards a screaming Ray. Stefan was throwing wolfsbane darts at him. Ray was tied up against the wall, placed in-front of a dart board.