O N E

1 | Masquerade ball

Disclaimer: This is a finished book, but once I finished it I decided to not make a second book! There's definitely some grammar issues seeing as I wrote this years ago, but I try and go back to fix some now and then!

Have a nice reading :)

"Nora." A quiet voice whispered, almost succeeding in waking me from my sleep.

"Nora, wake up!" I heard the same person say louder, eventually waking me up completely. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked at the person who had just woken me up and glared daggers right at them.

I saw the deep brown hair of my cousin standing beside my bed. "Elena?" I yawned, taking a quick glance at my clock beside me on the bedside table.

"Hey, get up. Damon needs us to go to the boarding house." She spoke whilst pulling the covers off of me.

"Ok, ok." I said, holding my hands up and hopping up the rest of the way. "I'm awake, now shoo." I motioned her to leave my room with my hands. Another yawn emitted from my mouth.

"And hurry." Elena turns and shouts back from the hall as I close the wooden door, groaning.

"Ugh, what now?" I mumble pulling out a random outfit and slipped it on in less than two minutes, which was surprising due to the amount of times I almost fell back asleep. I pulled my shoes on when I heard Elena yell from the hallway to hurry up.

I grabbed my things slowly, just to annoy her and walked out, smiling at her as I took ten seconds per step. "This isn't funny, Nora." Elena rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and watched me as I continued walking down the steps.

"It's pretty funny." I smirked at her. When I made it all the way down I laughed and walked into the kitchen.

"Where are you girls going?" I heard my mom ask us when we walked in. Walking towards the island, where she was, I grabbed a drink from the refrigerator.

"Me and Lena are going to the grill to hang out." I lied, uncapping the drink and throwing away the wrap that was around the lid to seal it.

My mom didn't know of the supernatural, and I would like for it to stay that way, at least for as long as possible.

"Ok, have fun." She pulled me in and kissed me on the top of the head. I responded with a simple okay, and walked over to Elena, who was trying to walk out the door.

"Bye mom." I shouted as we walked out.

"Yeah, by Jenna." Elena called our her goodbye after me, waving to the blonde women and then closed the front door, sighing. "We're gonna be late."

I shrugged and hopped into her car. It was a quiet drive on the way to the boarding house. "Did they say what they needed?" I asked Elena when I started to turn around, shifting in my seat.

"No, but we'll find out soon." She spoke when we came to a stop. She had safely turned the car off and we got out.

I walked into the house behind Elena, already wishing I was back in bed. Caroline was on a seat looking at the ground and Damon, the eldest Salvatore brother was standing behind the chair Caroline was in.

Stefan, the younger of the two, was sitting on the couch. "Ah, perfect!" Damon exclaimed as I walk over and sit next to Elena on the other couch facing Caroline.

"So, what did you wake me up for?" I asked looking up at Damon with a sarcastic smile on my face.

"Go ahead, tell them. Your gonna love this." Damon smiled falsely and spoke sarcastically. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back to my best friend. What had happened?