T W E L V E

12 | Bonnie

"What the hell happened?" Was the first thing that made its way out of my mouth when I woke up. I looked around and furrowed my brows upon seeing that I was laying on a teachers desk at the front of an empty classroom.

I started to remember what happened before I 'fell asleep'. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Alaric wasn't actually Alaric.

I sat up, taking a moment to collect myself. I slipped off the desk and walked to the door, grabbing the handle and twisting it.

I tried turning it every way but it still wouldn't budge. I groaned in frustration and looked around, coming to an obvious solution as to what I would have to do.

I took two steps back and raised my leg up, slamming it hard against the door. The door swung open, cracks running up the wood, and the door fell, all the hinges flying on the floor.

I cracked my neck and walked out the door, my black heels clicking against the floor. I couldn't hear anything except the party that was still going on in the gym— everything was quiet.

Too quiet.

I fastened up my walking, turning every corner I came across when I stopped in my tracks. Bonnie and Elena were standing close together, Alaric close by them. "So. . . I'm guessing you all know now?"

Alaric— or Klaus— looked displeased with my presence being here.

Bonnie grabbed me suddenly by my wrist and tugged me so I was standing behind her, only then when Klaus started talking again did she let go. "Now, did I mention I know a witch? You're gonna have to hit me harder than that."

He tried to come towards Bonnie again, but she held out her palm and sent him flying back into the schools trophy cage, making all the glass shatter. He hit it with a loud thump and smacked against the floor.

"By all means, fire away! If you kill this body I'll just get a new one. Maybe Jeremy." His voice was hoarse as he stood up from the floor, cracking his neck as he did so.

"Go. Run." Bonnie spoke without turning to look at the both of us. Bonnie spun grabbing both Elena's and my arm and then started to run.

After a minute of running we turned down a hallway and ran into Damon. "What happened?" He had his hands in the air, a confused look on his face while his blue eyes looked over the three of us who probably looked like a mess from the running.

"Klaus is in Alaric's body." I spoke, catching my breath. I was too out of shape for my liking. I don't even think I've ran since freshman year.

"What?"

"He's possessing it or something." I reply, stating like it was obvious. It shouldn't have been to confusing to understand seeing as what we've all been through.

"Go find Stefan. Now." Damon looked over my cousin and I.

"Ok." I nodded my head and made my way to find Stefan, Elena hot on my trail. We're both trying to push through the crowd of dancing students when we run into Caroline.

"Hey! Are you girls ok?" She asked, looking at the both of us.

"Yeah, fine just looking for Stefan." Elena spoke before I could, shrugging her shoulder as though it were no big deal.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" She asked again. She obviously knew something was wrong. Elena sucked at lying.

"Don't worry about it care, have fun! Stay with Matt." I say, grabbing Elenas arm and pushing past more students.