T W E N T Y TWO

22 | Gloria

My eyes were just open enough so that I could see we were pulling into a warehouse just like the one back in mystic falls, just a tad bit smaller. As we got out from the car, a yawn came out from my mouth and I was annoyed at everything just how I usually was after just waking up.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus said.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan looked around at the small space we were standing in.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back the memories of the good old ripper days."

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying." Stefan muttered, rather annoyed.

"Gross." I said as I came up from behind Stefan.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus spoke as he walked over to me, standing right beside me.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said I don't remember most of it." Stefan responded.

"Down to business then," Klaus said, turning to glance at Stefan.

"Why are we still with you?" Stefan looked at Klaus, raising a brow. "We had our fun. Your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you wanna move on?"

Klaus walked up to Stefan. "We're going to see my favourite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

"That sounds so boring." I whined as I followed the both of them as they left the warehouse.

———

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked as the three of us walked into a bar.

I stopped right besides Klaus. "Nope." I looked  around the bar, it looked like a normal one expect for the people missing. It was completely empty.

Klaus chuckles, wrapping his arm around my waist leaving me to roll my eyes and grimace in annoyance.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan looks around, his eyes shinning with amazement.

"You've got to be kidding me." I heard a women say. We all turned to look at the voice. There was a woman, her hair was short and white, but other than that she looked young.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender. . ." Klaus starts but the witch stops him.

"Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny." She says, causing me to stifle a laugh. "I know you," the witch points at Stefan.

"You're Gloria?" Stefan says.

"Mm-mm." She hummed at her name.

"Shouldn't you be-"

"Stefan!" I whisper to him not to say what I thought he would. It seemed quite rude to ask someone why they weren't dead.

"It's okay, dear. Old and dead? Now if I die, who's gonna run this place?" She answered with a laugh.

"Gloria is a powerful witch." Klaus told Stefan.

Gloria smiles and looks my way. "You're Nora, Klaus's mat-" she stops mid sentence and changes what she was going to say. "I did a couple locater spells on you, you're tricky on to find."

"That's for sure," Klaus said turning to Stefan. "Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up something from behind the bar."

"Yeah, sure thing." Stefan says, faking enthusiasm.

Klaus turns back to Gloria. "I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids. That kind of news travels fast." Gloria said as walked away and sat on a stool facing the bar where Stefan was at.