E L E V E N

11 | Decade dance

"So, we go to the dance and find him." Damon explained and walked over to where Bonnie, Elena, Stefan, and I were currently standing. We were all at the boarding house coming up with a plan on how to find the Original.

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." I pointed out, raising up my hands and quirking a brow.

"Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."

"You don't know that. For all we know, he could be." I remarked, leaving Damon to roll his eyes in annoyance.

"He could be anywhere at anytime." Stefan says. "He compelled somebody at school. Not so safe, huh?"

I scoffed and mocked him silently. His comment was so aimed at Elena and myself. "We were with Bonnie. If he came at us all she had to do was snap his neck with a little witchy woo and it would give us time to run."

Our eyes go to the door as we hear someone knocking. No one else moved, so I did. I opened the door to reveal the history teacher. "Hey, Alaric." I could see him smile at me and I stepped to the side so he could enter.

"There you are. About time." Damons voice was snarky as Alaric approached him.

"Oh, shush, Damon, do I have to remind you how many times you've been late to something?" I fell back on the couch. I was getting really bored.

"Yes, but I've always been fashionably late." He smirked, turning away from me.

"No you haven't." I snort. "So, can we like wrap this up? I wanna go home."

"Don't forget he wants you, too. We're trying to keep you safe, and you'll need to know the plan. That's why you're here." Stefan reminds me.

"How could I forget?" I spoke sarcastically. I could feel eyes lingering on me the whole time we talked. It made me uncomfortable, so I kept staring at the floor. I didn't want to lift my head up to see who it was in fear of making very awkward eye contact.

"- me, he has no idea how much power I can channel, if I can find him, I can kill him." Bonnies voice pulled me out of my daydreaming.

Alaric let out a chuckle. "Well, that's not going to be easy. I mean he is the biggest, baddest vampire around."

————

Damon had made me be his date. Fortunately, that meant I could make him buy my outfit so I didn't have to. We entered arm-around-arm and started to walk to the gym where the dance was being held. "Well, you look quite pretty tonight." Damon commented.

"I know, but thank you. You, yourself don't look. . . awful." I teased the vampire. As we entered a slow song immediately came on and I groaned when Damon wrapped his arms around me and made me dance with him.

"Thanks for being here everybody." Dana came onto the stage and spoke out through a microphone. Everyone stated clapping and she started speaking again when the noise stopped. "We have a special shout-out tonight, this one's for Nora from Klaus!" Everyone then claps again, except us.

My smile fell of my face as soon as I heard the name. A song came on, which just happened to be one of my favorite slow songs. "That's weird." I said looking up at Damon. "This is my favorite. How would he know that?"

"I'm sure it's a lucky guess. Don't worry your pretty little head about it. Oh, there's Ric, let's go say hi." Damon said pulling me over with him, ignoring my question.

It creeped me out. I use to dance to this with my mom when I was of a younger age. She'd let me dress her up in her fancy clothes, let me do her hair and makeup and then after she'd do mine. So how on earth would he know about this, and how it just so happened to be my favorite?

"Special dedication. This guys a little twisted." Alaric says as we meet him at the drink table.

I looked around at all the people dancing. I knew  more than half the people here, maybe even all, expect a few freshman. I didn't see anybody out of place.

"I'm not impressed." Damon says, looking out into the crowd of people.

"No?"

"I mean obviously, he didn't do anything out of whack."

"Oh." Alaric responds.

"I'm gonna go see Elena." Damon says and walks off, heading towards the brunette who was standing beside his brother, Stefan. I tried to grab his wrist, but I was too slow.

I turn to Alaric. He had been staring at me intensely, and quite honestly, it freaked me out. I grew uncomfortable and then asked, "um, are you feeling okay?"

He tilted his head. "Why would you ask me that, love?"

"Well it's just that—what'd you say?" My eyebrows pulled together. Never in a million years would Alaric ever say that.

He smirks. "Just as beautiful as I've imagined."

"Uh, Alaric. . .? Not to be like rude, but what the hell?" I awkwardly chuckled and pulled a face.

"What to do with you?" He hummed to himself. Thoughts seemed to be crossing his mind, and slowly I began to back up because something was obviously very wrong here.

He moved so fast it shocked me. He grasped my upper arms, and before I could make a movie, he looked deep into my eyes. He apologized before something came down on my head painfully, and then everything went black.