F O U R T E E N

14 | The last day

Standing in a state of shock, my eyes widened. I placed the note down back onto the table making sure it was if I was never in there in the first place. I walked out of the room and closed the secret door and leaned up against the counter.

Mates? Soul-mates? That's a little cliche, isn't it?

I brushed the fact from my head and began my search for why I was here. After a minute more of searching, I found a glass cup and filled it up with water.

I walked out to see my mom still looking at the wall behind Elena blankly. She turned to me as I approached. I handed her the water and took my seat on the right of her. "Thank you," My mother gave me a tiny smile.

———-

"Is she gonna be ok?" Stefan asked. I had previously followed Elena to talk with Stefan because I couldn't stand being in that room with my mother much longer, the atmosphere was just too. . . Much.

"She's in shock. But, she'll be fine. She tough." I pipped up.

"We tried to tell her as much as we could." Elena said. "But we barely reached the surface."

"I'm so sorry, Nora, Elena." Stefan apologized.

"It's not your fault. Don't even think it's your fault." I assured him. "It's Klaus's fault. That psychotic little. . ." She didn't finish her sentence.

Elena made her way to move around Stefan but he stepped in-front of her before she could get to far from him.

"Where do you think your going?" He asked Elena.

"Back to Elijah." Elena said, ignoring the look of question and worry that was now in Stefan's face.

"Oo, hit suit guy? Count me in," I spoke in a sing-song voice and stepped up beside my cousin.

Elena tried walking away but Damon then sped in-front of them.

"Get out of my way Damon." Elena said trying to move but he held her back.

"If you so much is try and take a step out of this house." Damon warned her, glaring down upon the brunette.

"Damon, easy." Andie said from behind him.

"Stay out of this, Andie." Damon warned the women.

"Let her go." Stefan said from behind Elena.

"Are you kidding me? We just got her back!"

Stefan took ahold of Damon's arm. "You heard me. I said let her go."

"Thats twice today you've stood in my way. I wouldn't try a third." Damon warned. Eventually Damon let Elena go,  but didn't let me, and Stefan agreed. Knowing what he wanted with Elena was one thing, but having no clue why he wanted me was another.

I thought that through and decided I shouldn't go, and I made sure to tell them the only reason I wasn't going was because I didn't think it was a good idea, not because they said I couldn't go.

————-

"Now you've invited him in?" Damon says in disbelief as Elijah and Elena stepped into the Salvatore house. Damon, Stefan, and I were standing in the library.

"Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal." Elena looked at Elijah then to Damon.

"Really?" Damon asked.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands." Elijah said looking at Damon and Stefan. "I only ask for one thing in return."

"What?" Damon demanded.