F O U R T Y

40 | Scary Mary

Jermey and me walked outside and stopped as soon as we saw Elena and Damon making out. I cleared my thought and Jermey called out to his sister, "Elena?" 

They turned to us and Elenas face froze. "Oh my god Jeremy, Nora." She gasped and pulled away from Damon quickly.

"Rose found Mary. She lives in Kansas." I could tell that Jermey was not very happy with what we had just saw. His face wasn't meeting Elena's eyes, instead he was looking down at the floor.

"Ok, then. Let's go." Damon looked back at Elena.

Damon went past us, inside the hotel room, while Jermey gave her a look of disappointment but I gave a small smirk causing her to roll her eyes and walk inside the hotel. I chuckled and walked back into the hotel behind Elena.

It was a long, awkward drive to where Mary lived. Jeremy was looking out the window, Elena looked in thought, and Damon kept stealing glances at Elena.

We finally arrived and the four of us hopped out. We looked at the house. "Um, what a lovely home." I sarcastically commented making Damon chuckle.

"This is the address," Jermey said dully.

"Looks about right." Damon eyed the house.

"Wait here." Elena said turning to Jermey.

"Why? So you and Damon can go make out some more?" Jermey asked, causing my eyes to widen and to muffle a laugh.

"Don't worry Jer, not on my watch." I laughed lightly and turned around, looking at the beat-down house that looked like something of a murder house.

Damon turned towards Jermey. "Don't be a dick. Listen to your sister."

Jermey scoffed as we started to walk up towards the house. We entered the house and it opened with a creak. "Well, that's fucking creepy." I muttered under my breath looking up at the house. "No wonder her name was scary Mary." I laughed at my own joke.

"Woah, like vampire hoarders." Damon said looking around at all the news papers laying on about the floor. There was boxes littering the floor with things flowing from each one.

"Who was this person?" Elena asked looking around with a flashlight.

"Scary Mary, real old. Super creepy."

"And how do you know her?" I asked, walking in-front of Elena. Damon stopped suddenly making me crash into his back and I groaned, slapping his shoulder and making him continue walking.

"You know." Damon smirked.

"Of course," I said scrunching up my nose in disgust. "That's disgusting."

"What I said creepy, not ugly." Damon shrugged. I rolled my eyes. We heard a loud bang causing us to turn around in our tracks and to face a double door.

We started going towards the door rather slowly when I got tired and pushed Damon out of the way. "This isn't some horror film, Damon, walk faster."

I pushed open the door.

Elena flashed her light onto Mary, she had a bat lodged in her heart, keeping her hanging on the wall. "I thought you said she wasn't ugly." I said, pushing Damon in front of me in case anything jumped out at me.

"Nora, not the time." Elena glanced at me.

"Mary," Damon furrowed his brows, looking at the dead vampire who's body was hanging from the wall.

Suddenly the light flickered on. "Quite contrary," we heard a voice say. We turned around to find Kol Mikaelson sitting on a chair in the corner.

Talk about a plot twist.

"Shame about Mary, she used to be a blast. I don't quite know what happened. I fear all the time she spent with my family might have ruined her. She was a bit of an original groupie."

"And where you here favorite?" Elena asked Kol, clearly trying to get some information about wether he sired the dead women or not.

"You mean did I turn her? I think I did, but no. Wait maybe it was Rebekah. But there was also a Klaus period. And let's not forget the Elijah affair. I spoke to my brother I know your trying to find out who your descended from." Kol spoke. "Now you never will." He said turning to face Mary. "So. Where did we leave off?" Kol tapped his bat on the floor.

Kol hit Damon in the leg with his bat. Then as he fell down, he hit him again.

"Elena get out of here." Damon muttered.

"Oh, thanks." I smiled sarcastically at Damon who was on the ground in pain. "Elena, don't just stand there stupid. Go." I said motioning for the door. She tried running out but Kol sped in-front of her.

"According to my brother you're off limits. Please don't test me." Kol said pushing her against the bed making her hit her head against the headboard.

"Don't touch her," Damon said speeding and grabbing Kol by the through, though it did absolutely nothing to the original. Kol head-butted Damon, making the younger vampire fly back and hit the wall.

"Oh dear, I've hit a nerve." Kol said. "Relax darling. I just want us to be even. You snapped my neck, you killed my brother, and then you humiliated me." Kol went on and hit Damon in the back with his bat multiple times.

"There. Now we're even." Kol said turning to leave but stopped and turned to me. "Until next time Nora," Kol winked and sped off.

Damon got off the floor and sped towards Elena taking her in his arms. "Are you ok? Are you bleeding?"

"I'm fine, Damon." She responded.

"I'm leaving." I said turning around and walking out towards the car where Jermey was.

"What happened?" Jermey asked, causing me to remember he didn't know because he hadn't been with us.

"Kol happened. He killed Mary before he beat Damon with a bat, rather funny but. . ." I trailed off, opening the car door and getting inside.

Jermey not to long after me, climbed in after me. Damon and Elena walked out getting into the car and driving off. I yawned and put my head on Jermey shoulder, watching the view as we drove past the trees. It looked pretty out in the dark.

I heard Elena and Damon talking with Jermey while he was asking questions about what happened in specific detail.

I slowly closed my eyes, listening to the three of them talk and I could tell Jermey was getting annoyed with their short, simple answers.

He eventually gave up and put his head against the window and I felt him fall asleep. I focused my attention on his heartbeat and soon found myself falling asleep with him.