N I N E T E E N

19 | Ray

"Rudy." A young blonde girl yelled to her dog as she walked down her porch steps. "It's to hot to make me come looking for you."

As she turns around we now were right behind her. She jumps as she notices our presence. I could roll my eyes for Klaus making me do this.

I was far too tired, and it was far too hot.

"I'm so sorry, we didn't mean to scare you." Klaus starts with a horrible American accent that makes me want to start laughing but I held it in.

It's been three months sense I've been stuck with him and Stefan. Or shall I say "ripper" Stefan? The summer has been dragging along very slowly. And I have been making it absolute hell for him.

I defied him every chance I got. Either by slapping him, letting his victims go, or really doing anything else to piss him off. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't killed me yet.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked looking at us like we were serial killers, well one of us was.

"Yeah our, uh, car ran out of gas a couple miles back. We feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we've come to, so I was just hoping we could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cellphone?" The blonde questions suspiciously.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, "Dead, and so's his." I explain. I decided I was extremely bored so I decided to have some fun with this. I mouthed the words. 'Please help me.' The girl looked at me startled.

"Look I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone," Klaus could have easily persuaded her but I had to ruin it.

'Yes he is,' I mouth back.

"Sure." She says.

"So we can come in?" Klaus asked the girl. She shook her head.

"She can." The girl says looking at me.

Klaus sighs. "I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting?"

"I'm from Florida." The girl sassed. Klaus looks at her irritated, he quickly sped up to her grabbing her throat.

"Well that explains it. Now show us a little southern hospitality, sweat pea." Klaus compels her to invite us inside. I sigh walking into the house after them and slightly stand behind Klaus who's now holding the girl.

There's another women who looked to be cooking. "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." She says before turning around and seeing the three of us.

"What's going on?" The women says stopping in her tracks and looking towards Klaus and the blonde girl.

"Please don't be alarmed, I'm told ray Sutton lives here." Klaus held onto the blondes neck tighter.

That's why we were here. Klaus was looking for a werwolf named Ray. Apparently people with that name actually existed.

"He's almost never here." The women gulped. "He's on the road mostly."

"Well I'm sure he makes it home, once a month?" Klaus says. The women says nothing. "That's what I thought. Where is he know?" The girl again says nothing. "If I have to make you tell me, it will infinitely more painful for you."

The girl takes one last look at us before sprinted to the front door. I hear a scream as I assume she's stopped because of Stefan.

"I love it when they run." Klaus says as we approach the girl from behind. I leaned against the wall as I watched the scene play out in-front of me.

The girl looks at Klaus. "He's in Tully." She gives up keeping the information. "It's near the border, a bar called southern comfort it's off highway fourth-one."

I feel bad for her. I feel bad for anyone who has to be in the same presences as Klaus.

"Well that wasn't so hard now was it?" Klaus turns towards the blonde. "May my friend come in your home?"

"I- yes." she says crying. The other women looks scared to death. I don't blame her.

Stefan swings the door open and stepped inside. His eyes were void of any emotion. They looked so dark and empty. Not the ones I'm used to.

"Kill this one quickly." Klaus says pushing the blonde towards Stefan.

"Hey, Klaus?" I called, making him turn around.

"Yes, love?"

I smiled before reaching up and snapping his neck. His body dropped to the floor with a loud thud. I looked up to Stefan, who backed up and held his hands in the air. "No need to do that to me. I'll just say you did."

He stepped out of the doorway. I bent down and grabbed Klaus' keys from his pocket, smirking. I tossed them to the youngest girl. "Take the car."

They looked at me, surprised, but didn't waste any time before rushing out of the door. I leaned against the wall, my hands clasped in front of me as I waited for him to wake up.