E P I L O U G E

I look over the home I once knew belonged to my favorite pair of brothers.

What was once the Salvatore boarding house, was now a school for the supernatural. Where my daughter, Hope, would be attending.

The little girl standing at my side, pressed up against my left leg, looked over the school warily. Her blue eyes swirling with fear and worry. She's always been a recluse, not wanting to play with any other kid her age, and has always just clung to me.

"I don't want to go, mom." Hope said softly, shaking her head and looking up at me pleadingly.

I knelt down beside her, grabbing her hands in mine and held them tightly. "You have to, Hope." I pushed her dark hair behind her ear. "You're going to make so many new friends, and aunt Caroline with be here, and your cousins, Lizzie and Josie. Aren't you excited to see them?"

She just shrugged and looked away. I sighed. "It'll be okay, baby. I'm only one call away. I can get here in under five minutes, you know that." I remind her, and then stood up. "Please just give it a shot? If you don't like it by the end of the year, I won't send you back."

She thought about that, before nodding her head. "Okay. Fine."

"Wonder if she'll get Damon's old room," came a familiar voice. "Hope they exterminated that."

"Klaus, this is your only warning. Don't start anything." I gave my husband a stern look.

He smirked and held up his hands in a mock defense. "I wouldn't dream of it, love."

"Nora!" A voice squealed and I was pulled into a hug vampire-fast. I chuckled, already knowing it was Caroline, and not because her thick, blonde curls were pressing into my face, though that was a reason.

She pulled back and smiled brightly at me. "Hi, Care. It's so good to see you again."

"I know! Ah, I can't wait to catch up. Hope, hi sweetie, I haven't seen you in a hot minute. Are you excited for your first year at the Salvatore boarding school?" Caroline smiled down to Hope, and Hope couldn't stop the small grin that cracked on her lips.

Caroline had that affect on people.

"I guess so. But, can I share a room with the twins?"

"Well, of course!" She spoke like it was obvious.

Speak of the devil, I saw the two twins, Elizabeth and Josette, jumping over to us. "Come play with us!" Jose smiled, waving her hand frantically.

Hope looked over to me, and I nodded. "I'll be here for the rest of the night." She gave us one last look before following the twins, each of their hands interlocking.

I grabbed Klaus' hand in mine, and smiled as we watched our daughter walk away. I didn't have to worry, though.

It was Always and Forever, after all.

Authors note: the long over-due sequel. As you can probably tell from this, I won't be doing a following story, but I hope this is enough. I didn't want to leave y'all with nothing.

I will be going back from time to time to edit some chapters, because my 12-year old self didn't write this flawlessly.

But I hope you all had a happy reading and I'm so glad you chose to give this a chance! I appreciate all the love I've gotten, and I love you all! ❤️