F O U R T Y E I G H T

48 | Miss mystic falls

"Look I'm your best friend and I would never pick sides, but are you sure that this is what you want? Because Stefan is your soulmate! Sorry picking sides." Caroline asked Elena as the three of us were surrounding a table with a weird flower thing in the middle, might I point out.

"It's not like I don't love Stefan anymore, but I can't deny ever since I turned, My feelings for Damon have intensed more." Elena said causing me to smirk slightly.

"Yeah I know, Stefan filled me in on all the gory Damon details."

"He did?" Elena asked the blonde. "Is he okay?"

"No, he's heartbroken."

"Well what was I supposed to do? Lie to him?"

"No, but you weren't supposed to let Damon weasel his way into your confused newbie vampire heart!" Caroline pointed out.

"Well, he did and that's exactly why I'm confused, I need to figure out my feelings and what they actually mean." She said looking at the flowers.

"Excuse me." That weird professor said walking over to us. We all turned. "I'm a little lost."

"I'm her to interview contestants." He said.

"Your professor Shane?" I asked looking at his brown mop head.

"Yeah that's right, professor by day, pagent judge by. . . other day." He said getting confused. "In spite of being absurdly unqualified I'm apparently awarding a scholarship."

"Inside by the parlor." Caroline said.

"Right here?" He asked pointing behind him.

"Mm-mm." Caroline hummed in agreement.

"All right I'll just follow the scent of hair spray and world domination." He joked.

"He's the one who told Damon, how to break the hunters curse." Elena said turning back to us.

"He's also the one that has Bonnie so obsessed with practicing magic that she bailed on pagent prep." Caroline mumbled.

"And now he's judging miss Mystic Falls?" Elena asked.

"Jack of all trades or kinda creepy?" I laughed.

I walked away and noticed these three girls carry the flowers in the wrong direction

"Whoa. Stop, those flowers go in the back, as indicated by the Floral chart, that you guy has plenty of time to memorize, yeah thank you." I said as the three girls turned around.

I turned around and flipped through my clipboard. "Now how did I know I'd find you at this helm of this ship?" I heard someone say beside me.

I turned to my head and saw Klaus. "I'm busy." I mumbled looking down at my clipboard.

"I was just wondering what time I should pick you up tomorrow." Klaus asked.

I turned to him confused. "For what?"

"I'm taking you on a date." He said smiling.

———

"Will you pick up the tempo this is a pagent now a funeral!" I snapped at the music players. I sighed and turned around.

"And how am I doing?" Klaus asked. I jumped at his presence.

I smiled, "perfect." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a kiss which I kissed back. I pulled back and klaus looked behind me. "They didn't waste any time did they?"

I turned around and saw Hayley and Tyler. I scoffed, I heard Caroline's voice appear on the speaker. "Hi everyone I'm Caroline Forbes, as the reigning miss mystic falls it is my honor to introduce this year's miss Mystic Court!" She exclaimed as everyone clapped.

"We began the procession with Valerie fell, accompanied by Dylan Clark, next we have amber wolverton, accompanied by hector linsey." Caroline started to introduce everyone.

"Let's get a drink." Klaus said taking my hand and leading me over to the drink table. We grabbed a drink and began walking around.

"So being a vampire has changed Elena." Klaus said as the two of of us were walking.

"But being a vampire only amplifies who you already are, it doesn't turn you completely into a different person."

"Very peculiar." Klaus said.

I turned to him for a moment. "What's that look for?"

"It'll all make sense eventually."

"Whatever, just hurry up and find the cure." I laughed.

We sat down on a bench close to the water. "I'm working on it."

"Would you ever take it?" I asked Klaus.

"Now, why would I want to cure myself of being the most powerful creature on the planet?"

"So there's not one single moment in your whole life that you wanted to be human?"

"How about you?" Klaus asked me.

"Probably not, no" I said.

———

I went home later that night. I walked inside my house and went straight to my room tired. But I couldn't go to bed just yet. It was around three in the morning and I had been out with Caroline.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt and went to the shower. I didn't take a long one. I got out and dressed my self. I threw my hair up in a lazy messy bun and brushed my teeth. I closed my bathroom door and went to turn off my light.

I walked to my bed and pulled the covers off and layed down, pulling the covers back over my body. I slowly could feel myself drift off to sleep.

"Stop mom!" The same little girl I had experienced in my dream laughed.

I shook my head. "I don't think so." I said as I continued to attack her with tickles.

I finally let go and let her have a breath. Then sneakily did it again. I felt a presence behind me. "Dad, tell mom to stop it!" The girl laughed.

I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and gave me a small kiss on my neck.